Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mercito Gesta-Olusegun Ajose in Play For Late July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gesta is really flat footed, but i support the filipino boxers so i hope he wins by ko. I thought it was vasquez that stunk up the joint last december, kept running away throwing jabs and not engaging with gesta. Apparently vasquez has a reputation for boring fights, but he did win convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Gesta is a useless turd, he shouldn't even get TV dates anymore after that pathetic display... The Filipino that fought Gamboa had much more heart and skill.
      That dude made Gamboa looks average after all the hype gamboa was getting and he struggle with a no namer.

Comment

I don't see why all the hate for gesta. Yea his last fight was a flop but I think the problem is his trainers. If he wants to accomplish something he needs to switch trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaotard86 View Post
          Gesta is really flat footed, but i support the filipino boxers so i hope he wins by ko. I thought it was vasquez that stunk up the joint last december, kept running away throwing jabs and not engaging with gesta. Apparently vasquez has a reputation for boring fights, but he did win convincingly.

Probably.... dude needs to learn how to cut off the ring. I was laughing so hard seeing him chase

Comment

Gesta is horrible. very basic, come forward fighter. Ajose's movement alone wins this fight.

Comment

If he has any chance, he needs to go back to the basics and re-learn how to box. Otherwise he is going to just get beat again when he steps up.

Comment

Surprised Gesta's taking this fight. Kinda want him to do better on that alone, but it's gonna be tough. Not sure this was the comeback fight for him to take, but I'm glad it's happening, should be exciting either way.

Comment

Good fight I favor Ajose in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGunslinger View Post
                    I feel olusegun wins easily.
                    Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Great to see Ajose getting a meaningful fight, I've got him taking this rather handily. In fact its a horrible style match up for Gesta.
                    Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    Yea I'm definitely not a Gesta fan.

Olusegun should use his boxing skills and win the fight rather easily.
                    Ajose will box Gesta's ears off - possible stoppage....

Originally posted by Pacquiaotard86 View Post
                    Just because he's Filipino you support him? SMDH, how about supporting the best boxer?

And you say that Vasquez kept running away, but he won convincingly. You don't win by "running" alone - you have to stop at some point to throw punches.....

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    I don't see why all the hate for gesta. Yea his last fight was a flop but I think the problem is his trainers. If he wants to accomplish something he needs to switch trainer.
                    No one is "hating" on Gesta - these are facts. Don't get blind hatred confused with constructive criticism......

Comment

BS (and I don't mean BoxingScene)

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                      Ajose will box Gesta's ears off - possible stoppage....

Just because he's Filipino you support him? SMDH, how about supporting the best boxer?

And you say that Vasquez kept running away, but he won convincingly. You don't win by "running" alone - you have to stop at some point to throw punches.....

No one is "hating" on Gesta - these are facts. Don't get blind hatred confused with constructive criticism......

No, this is not constructive criticism. This is just hate against a decent puncher boxer. I don't know if you haters have noticed Gesta's record, but this is his first loss. This kid's got game and power. He has tasted his first loss against a hit-and-run boxer.

If he doesn't show improvement, by cutting off the ring and finding a way inside, then he may have a problem with the fundamentals, until that time, give the kid some slack and stop justifying your hate - because that's all it is - hate.

Comment

Working...
                      X