No announcement yet.

Amir Khan to go with Virgil Hunter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan to go with Virgil Hunter?

As I wrote in my story, I'm told one of the leading candidates to train Khan is reigning trainer of the year Virgil Hunter - Dan Rafael 8 mins back.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
    Say what you want about @AmirKingKhan firing Freddie but least Amir told him directly unlike others who have their people do the dirty work.

Comment

i don't think anyone can help him.

Comment

might actually turn out to be a good move for khan.

virgll is a trainer that is very switched on and I expect him to bring a level of savviness and craft to khan that wasn't previously there.

Comment

This would be an excellent choice for Khan. Virgil Hunter & Adam Booth are the two that I think can help Amir at this point. If either of them are prepared to take him on, then he should jump at the chance.

Comment

Only if he wants to be called god son the second and only if he wants to hear fake ass stories hunter tells all damn day.

Comment

Bit of a flavour of the month choice, I'd think.

Manny Steward is the one who would benefit him them most. Or even Adam Booth like Deadbeat said, those two trainers elite fighters are both outside fighters which is what Khan must become to remain at world-level.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Bit of a flavour of the month choice, I'd think.

Manny Steward is the one who would benefit him them most. Or even Adam Booth like Deadbeat said, those two trainers elite fighters are both outside fighters which is what Khan must become to remain at world-level.

i think working with virgill might acutally develop khans inside game and teach him how to control a fight.

i think those skills could prove to be really important for amir. alot of fighters can dominate a fight but they don't really have any control over their opponent or the ebb and flow of a fight (the maidana fight comes to mind).

Comment

Originally posted by UncleTom
                  Who cares? Virgil Hunter is an idiot.
                  I won't call him an idiot but he gets too much credit for Ward's success.

Comment

talk about a complete 180 degrees from Roach

Comment

Working...
                    X