Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Reaching The Elite Level, Is It Ok To Take On A Fighter Coming Off A Loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Reaching The Elite Level, Is It Ok To Take On A Fighter Coming Off A Loss?

when a fighter reaches the elite level, is it ok for them to take on a fighter who was decisively beaten in their previous fight?
    yes
    42.11%
    no
    57.89%

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    when a fighter reaches the elite level, is it ok for them to take on a fighter who was decisively beaten in their previous fight?
    It has to be, no one cared that Pac fought Clottey. They only mention Floyd fighting Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      It has to be, no one cared that Pac fought Clottey. They only mention Floyd fighting Judah.
      Clottey was not "decisively" beaten by Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        But 2501 think he is slick..he puts "decisively" in the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Clottey was not "decisively" beaten by Cotto.
          Yea, my post was dead on. 25 did this to knock one fighter, yet overlook when another fighter does it. Agenda.

Comment

Yeah, whatever. As long as they offer the possibility of a competitive fight.

Comment

No it's not okay. Floyd did it against Judah and that was not okay although it was a good match up between two top WW's.

Comment

I think so.

Unless it was some horrible, shut-out, career destroying loss.

Just because fighter A lost to fighter B, doesn't mean he'll lose to fighter C.

Comment

It ain't preferable. But it can be excusable depending on the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                    Yea, my post was dead on. 25 did this to knock one fighter, yet overlook when another fighter does it. Agenda.
                    Also its just not that simple either as to whether its ok to fight a guy off of a loss once you are viewed as the best of the best.

Why does everyone try and turn everything into some black/white polar extreme situation on this board.

Its like being forced to think about variables is frightening to posters on here.

Pac is a guy who could easily make 140 and probably still make 135 with a struggle him fighting a decent WW off of a ko loss before the Cotto fight would have been a fine test to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X