No announcement yet.

Anyone drink energy drinks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone drink energy drinks?

A friend at my gym has been drinking Redbull and Rockstar lately and says it really helps him when hes training.

I don't usually drink sodas at all but anyone have anything good to say about energy drinks?

I'd be very careful with those if I had high blood pressure. I wasn't allowed to fight. In these past ny golden gloves due to HBP and no medical clearance. While others may not even drink during their training sessions I have to drink more water than the average person due to my crazy HBP. I'm on meds now and told to avoid caffeine and drink lots of water during training. The point of this is, due to personal experience I highly advise against energy drinks due to caffeine and other substances in them that are just a plain terrible idea for someone with HBP. Just my .02

Comment

i got told powerade is better to drink than the likes of rockstar and red bull.

could be an unreliable source however

Comment

i got told powerade is better to drink than the likes of rockstar and red bull.

could be an unreliable source however

Comment

Green tea is natures natural energy drink with no crash

Comment

I drink energy drinks the only problem is if i drink alot despite the amount of energy i gain temporarly, my penis will never stand up..

Comment

Well, all of them are based on the old sugar+coffeine formula, but just like with any stims, you gain resistance to them really fast and after a few weeks/month of use you will just go straight to the crash.

Comment

They are all just about worthless, IMHO, and I've tried them all many times. 99% of those drinks are simply massive amounts of sugar+caffeine+water. Any of the "supplements" they contain are just about worthless - do you really think a few mg of taurine and ginsneg is going to do anything? If you want ginseng eat the root, you'll get a heck of a lot more than 150mg.

Personally, the only liquids I pretty much consume are water, green tea and espresso (and beer, of course). Espresso has many,many antioxidents, screw starbucks, get a machine, its a great invesment.

Comment

What about the energy shots are they any good?

Comment

I've started using PHD Battery and it gives you a good lift and keeps focused during training - can also be used for a recovery drink as well. Good value as well and tastes pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X