Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson: Tyson Fury, The Best Heavyweight Since Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    I totally agree with this post. Lewis would've had to take some serious leather in Tyson's prime. And guess what? He didn't have the best chin. Lewis is no Holyfield and probably gets KO'ed in Tyson's prime. Tyson was OLD, on anti-depressants, and had no desire at that stage in his career. He fought Lewis for the $30million.

lewis fought a lot of punchers. a lot of them.
    morrison
    ruddock
    tua
    tucker
    mercer
    golota
    briggs
    grant
    rahman
    and vitali

punchers on that list range from good to "HOLY **** that guy can punch!"

did he have an iron chin? no. was his chin good? yes it was. lennox' chin was fine to beat tyson. he's just a HW, he's bound by the confines of reality. an all time great puncher WILL put you out of he lands flush or frequently enough.

i don't think tyson lands the gas, and there are fights and styles that back that idea up.

let's also not forget that lennox is actually older than tyson, and wasn't prime in '02 when they fought. he came in the heaviest of his career in his next fight against vitali, looked like he was aging, and retired.

Comment

No way...

Originally posted by New England View Post
      morrison
      ruddock
      tua
      tucker
      mercer
      golota
      briggs
      grant
      rahman
      and vitali

did he have an iron chin? no. was his chin good? yes it was. lennox' chin was fine to beat tyson. he's just a HW, he's bound by the confines of reality. an all time great puncher WILL put you out of he lands flush or frequently enough.

i don't think tyson lands the gas, and there are fights and styles that back that idea up.

let's also not forget that lennox is actually older than tyson, and wasn't prime in '02 when they fought. he came in the heaviest of his career in his next fight against vitali, looked like he was aging, and retired.

Nobody on this list punches with the speed and force of Mike Tyson, who is the 2nd or 3rd most devastating puncher in Heavyweight history. He could stop Lewis with a body shot. Lewis did not like getting hit. Tyson's defense was amazing in his prime. Lewis gets KO'ed most likely. And this is coming from a Lewis fan.

Comment

Hmmm...

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        Agreed. Having an average or less than average chin, like Lewis had, would be a bad thing going in against Tyson. I would favor a prime Tyson in that fight, but at the very least, he wouldn't get knocked out. The only guys I think that could have beat Tyson, was Ali and Holmes.

I think Ali beats prime Tyson. Foreman beats prime Tyson. Holyfield beats prime Tyson. Tyson KO's prime Holmes. I think that prime Tyson/Bowe is a 50/50 fight. Bowe's fat ass ate himself out of being a legend. He simply didn't take the sport serious enough. You agree?

Comment

Mike! I love you but go back to Making your mike Tyson mystery cartoons!!

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
            Well it sure as hell ain't bum fighter Wilder. Fury is the best HW right now but not since the 80's. That would belong to nobody other than Vitali the great Klitschko
            No doubt. Vitali would have abused the best Mike Tyson. Just Like Lennox did him but in his prime.

Comment

the styles still favor lennox. if there was a style that gave mike trouble, it was lennox'

tyson wasn't tyson, even in his prime, after a few rounds of jabs to his face. he didnd't drop right off in power or footspeed the wya some people will revise history, but he did slow down enough after a few rounds that lennox would probably start to feel comfortable and in control.

he loses this one if he doens't land hte big punch [possible but unlikely,] IE he's got a puncher's chance.
              I think Lewis had a style advantage too, but his chin and slow pace could be a big disadvantage as well. I could easily see Tyson outworking him and wearing him down. Its a debate every time you match up fighters. With Tyson, I think the opponent has to at least be able to take a decent shot and Lewis doesn't fall into that category. Of course, anything is possible though.

Comment

morrison
                ruddock
                tua
                tucker
                mercer
                golota
                briggs
                grant
                rahman
                and vitali

You don't get knocked out with one punch if your chin is good.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  You don't get knocked out with one punch if your chin is good.

in HW boxing you certainly can!

and there are plenty of examples of guys with good chins being caught with perfect shots [at the end of their careers the way lewis was in rahman 1.]

i think the best contemporary example that everybody, even those who aren't familair with boxing history, will recognize is williams getting knocked out by martinez. williams had a heck of a chin! you didnd't watch him fight if you disagree! he walked right in to a left hand from a decent puncher and was out like a light in one of the most brutal knockouts you'll ever see. and only one punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    No doubt. Vitali would have abused the best Mike Tyson. Just Like Lennox did him but in his prime.
                    Vitali easily had the best chin out of all the heavyweights in the past maybe 50 years only thing stopping that dude was an injury.
                    Prime Vitali and Lennox would abuse Mike Tyson and Tyson Fury on the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      Vitali easily had the best chin out of all the heavyweights in the past maybe 50 years only thing stopping that dude was an injury.
                      Prime Vitali and Lennox would abuse Mike Tyson and Tyson Fury on the same night.
                      Agreed.

One thing I have noticed though is that Fury did recover fast both times that I have seen him hurt. That's pretty amazing.

That said, I still can't believe he beat Wladimir, even if is the oldest version of him. Still shocked. I just couldn't see that one coming at all. Wlad was still decently sharp against Bryant.

Comment

Working...
                      X