Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do mixed martial artist hate on boxers so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crex.af View Post
    I have literally seen hundreds of so called MMA fighters both amateur and professional that do not know how to throw a correct punch and this definitely transfers over to street fights.
    One of the two biggest MMA stars in recent times agrees;

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Probably jealous of the $$ they pull in.
      I can agree, but honestly I had a huge paragraph written in my original thread but I edited it because no one wants to read a story but to sum up what I originally wrote, grown ass MMA fighters in the UFC gym I train my boys out of give my boys a really hard time about boxing. At first I thought it was fun and games but they have really started to be discouraging and unprofessional from making comments about boxing being a dead sport to even making fun of jumping rope. But like I said, I agree with you but I think theres more of an underlying issue because they go out of their way to talk **** to boxers, but the boxers that train there mind their own...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        One of the two biggest MMA stars in recent times agrees;

Holly Holm is the perfect example on why fighters that have a boxing background will trump a MMA fighter with no boxing background.

Ronda literally got her @ss beat by a simple jab. There is a reason the likes of GSP went to train with Freddy Roach.

The biggest and one of the dumbest things MMA fighters do is throw that stupid, and it is stupid, "superman punch". Just look at the McGregor/Aldo fight to understand why the superman punch is useless to any fighters that knows how to box.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
          Money , and fame and less brutal beating
          boxing is far more brutal than MMA which involves a lot of stalling, grappling and fighting for position

Boxing has more rounds.....a MMA championship fight lasts 25 minutes excluding breaks.....A championship boxing fight is 36 minutes

None stop movement of the feet, head and body

Once an MMA fighter gets clocked good they stop the fight

In boxing, its frowned upon to quit, you get penalized for stalling and lack of action, and you have ten seconds to continue and get back to it

Most championship fights, guys are getting hit with 200 or more power shots, in the MMA you'd be lucky to see 20 solid punches land combined with both fighters punches counted

Comment

Holly Holm is the perfect example on why fighters that have a boxing background will trump a MMA fighter with no boxing background.

Ronda literally got her @ss beat by a simple jab. There is a reason the likes of GSP went to train with Freddy Roach.

The biggest and one of the dumbest things MMA fighters do is throw that stupid, and it is stupid, "superman punch". Just look at the McGregor/Aldo fight to understand why the superman punch is useless to any fighters that knows how to box.
            I threw up in my mouth when I saw that GIF of ronda rousey attempting to shadow box....I know kids 11 years old with better technique than her SMDH....best female athlete in the world doe

Jump at a professional boxer with your rear hand ****ed back and both feet off the grounD......its like you asking to get KTFO

that's a check hook, straight right combo waiting to happen.....rookies

Comment

I rest my case...

Comment

This is probably one of the biggest misconceptions in fighting. Truth is, and it has been scientifically proven, that the sport of boxing is the most damaging and brutal.

Just compare a championship fight in boxing to a championship fight in UFC (MMA). Getting punched in the head for 45 minutes is a lot worse in the long run than a 25 minute fight in which there is a lot of grappling involved.
                Hmmm...Well maybe when it comes to the accumalation of punches in a long career. But UFC fighters get hurt much more. I've seen guys get bad spine, neck, knee, elbow injuries. While yes a boxer gets more punches in the head, But this may sound crazy but it's true boxers become punch tolerant, where MMA & UFC fighters are least likely. Why do you think you see so many sensational UFC KO's, them guys have never been hit in the head where they become sort of accustom to it also they don't slip & weave or roll w/ the punches like a boxer would....

Comment

Not just when they box but when they kickbox. Usually the best fights are when the guys are on their feet but I love me some ground and pound or submissions. I honestly don't see any MMA guys hating on boxers. It's just the fans that hate each other. Lol

Comment

Lol No! It's not that simple bro. Holly made it look easy cuz it was contested on the feet. Where Holly has a world championship caliber base at. Had it been mostly fought in the clinch or the ground, Ronda would have won. She couldn't get the fight to go where she wanted it and had to box with her. And got ktfo. Lol if a champion in boxing goes to MMA and can keep the fight standing up, especially vs a grappling based (wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu) fighter, the boxer will win almost every time. I think that's common knowledge. The problem is keeping the fight on the feet. Stuffing takedowns is not easy at all. Trust me. As for the "MMA fighters throw stupid" comment, about 65% of fighters come from grappling backgrounds. So when you're watching an MMA fight, you're not gonna see the crispest punches or greatest technique you would see in a boxing match. And let's not even act like every boxing match is full of excellent technique. The heavyweight title fight between Fury and Wlad was one of the ugliest and most pathetic didplays of boxing skill that I've ever seen at he championship level. And it wasn't a jab, holly fights southpaw so it was the straight left. I've seen pacquiao hit guys over and over with the same straight left hand so it's not that bad Ronda got sliced up by one punch basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Isn't the best MMA fights when they box?
                      exactly.....

Comment

Working...
                      X