Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 For 30 No Mas. Why We Love Boxing....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 For 30 No Mas. Why We Love Boxing....

I just watched this documentary on Netflix and it reminded me why I love boxing but also made me sad because it made me imagine what it would have been like seeing Pacquiao against Floyd years ago. The characters have many similarities and it could have been a great rivalry just like Duran-Leonard.
    Despite the Duran Leonard rematch ending in controversy my favorite part was all about the first fight in Montreal. What an amazing fight, Leonard showed he was more then just the good looking golden boy and fought like a true warrior and Duran was just a monster. I found it hypnotical to watch these two against each other. This is what boxing greatness is all about. Elite guys fighting in their prime. Duran was something like 72-1 with over 50 KO's and Leonard was the undefeated superstar, the definition of SUPERFIGHT and what a fight!!
    The aftermath and lead up to the rematch was really interesting too, man Duran was partying and Leonard was in beast mode!! Awesome documentary

If anyone hasn't seen it, watch it.

Anyone else seen it? What ya think?

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
    I just watched this documentary on Netflix and it reminded me why I love boxing but also made me sad because it made me imagine what it would have been like seeing Pacquiao against Floyd years ago. The characters have many similarities and it could have been a great rivalry just like Duran-Leonard.
    Despite the Duran Leonard rematch ending in controversy my favorite part was all about the first fight in Montreal. What an amazing fight, Leonard showed he was more then just the good looking golden boy and fought like a true warrior and Duran was just a monster. I found it hypnotical to watch these two against each other. This is what boxing greatness is all about. Elite guys fighting in their prime. Duran was something like 72-1 with over 50 KO's and Leonard was the undefeated superstar, the definition of SUPERFIGHT and what a fight!!
    The aftermath and lead up to the rematch was really interesting too, man Duran was partying and Leonard was in beast mode!! Awesome documentary

If anyone hasn't seen it, watch it.

Anyone else seen it? What ya think?
    Thanks, I'll check it out. It's on Netflix I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      Thanks, I'll check it out. It's on Netflix I believe.
      Yeah it's on Netlix. It's awesome!!

Comment

comparing floyd-pac to leonard-duran is just BS. leonard and duran fought. mayweather quit even before the fight ever began or made.

Comment

That personally was one of my favorite documentaries. Duran was known for blowing up in weight between fights Leonard to his credit used that too his advantage. Duran spent more time trying to make weight than train for the fight and the rest is history of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
            comparing floyd-pac to leonard-duran is just BS. leonard and duran fought. mayweather quit even before the fight ever began or made.
            You should watch the documentary!! It's really well done its got some great interviews especially with Tyson talking about watching them fight....also Leonard travels to Panama all these years later to confront Duran about the No Mas incident!!!

Comment

I'll watch this later on tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                I'll watch this later on tonight
                Yeah do it! Let us know what you think

Comment

Agree, it's a good documentary.

And it's on youtube too for those who can't access netflix

Comment

The continuing misrepresentation of what happened in those two fights sickens me. The notion that Leonard was 'suckered' into 'brawling' with the 'crude' Duran is so utterly false it makes most of these shows completely unwatchable for me.

The American media wanted an excuse for why their golden boy got beaten up and of course Dundee and Ray were only too happy to give it to them. Never mind the fact that in the entire lead-up to the fight both Leonard and Angelo talked about Ray being the puncher in the fight and that they were going to bully Duran.

Leonard didn't get drawn into 'fighting Duran's fight'. He fought the fight he wanted, and he got beaten.

But of course, it all worked out ok in the rematch. Where he dominated and humiliated Duran so badly that he was a whole point up on one of the cards and two points up on the others when it ended.

Amazing events, and the first fight is one of the best in history. But the mainstream accounts of it are so full of lies it's best to ignore them.

Comment

Working...
                    X