Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lederman: Canelo is Going To Destroy Trout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO's Lederman: Canelo is Going To Destroy Trout!

You will be hard pressed to be anyone involved in boxing with as much as enthusiasm for the sport as Harold Lederman.

Serving as an unofficial ringside judge for HBO for over 25 years, Lederman has endeared himself to fans across the globe and his affable nature makes him someone you can’t help but to like.

While in town for Mike Alvarado’s entertaining rematch victory over Brandon Rios this past weekend in Las Vegas, I again caught up with Lederman.

As is often the case during our dialogue, I made it a point to get Harold’s thoughts on some upcoming prize fights, ranging from Nonito Donaire’s clash with fellow junior featherweight titlist Guillermo Rigondeaux to the May 4th Floyd Mayweather-Robert Guerrero tussle and everything in between.

There was one match in particular that seemed to draw the most surprising comments from Lederman, that being the April 20th junior middleweight unification clash between WBC champion Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and WBA belt holder Austin ‘No Doubt’ Trout.

On paper, Trout is looked at as Alvarez’s stiffest test to date yet Lederman isn’t expecting too much of a fight.

“I hate to say this, but I think Canelo’s going to destroy him,” Lederman said bluntly. “I like Austin Trout, I like Greg Cohen, I like the whole team; but Canelo’s something special. He really is.”

In Lederman’s eyes, Alvarez represents the future of the sport. [Click Here To Read More]

I respect Harold and spoken to him a few times but I must disagree with this. I don't think he's going to destroy Trout but I do see a great fight.

Comment

Wow,I don't agree with Lederman on this..But I respect that he is making/standing by such a strong statement..

Comment

its going to be a very good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
          I respect Harold and spoken to him a few times but I must disagree with this. I don't think he's going to destroy Trout but I do see a great fight.
          I agree with this far more..

Comment

Wow, imagine if everyone who cherrypicked bums, lightweight and journeymen while campaigning at least 1 weight class above everyone he's ever faced got these undeserved accolades. The sport would be really screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Wow, imagine if everyone who cherrypicked bums, lightweight and journeymen while campaigning at least 1 weight class above everyone he's ever faced got these undeserved accolades. The sport would be really screwed.
              yah seriously lol....just shows how well GBP has hyped up canelo. i don't see canelo destroying trout because 1)trout isn't undersized 2)he isn't past his prime and 3)trout has good boxing ability ...

Comment

I agree with the things he said about Canelo's in ring abilities.

BUT, who has he done those thing against?

The jury remains out on Canelo to at least the 20th.

Comment

I couldnt disagree more. I think Canelo is the bigger star, obviously, but hes fighting a guy that knows how to survive and make you look bad. Trout is not a brawler, so hes not going to get caught up in that with Canelo. Alvarez will have a hard time finding him and making him fight. Alvarez has a bigger future and more money to be made, but Trout is going to win a 8-4 type decision. This was a dumb fight for Alvarez to take. Sure he could tear Trout's head off in a real fight, but Trout wont let that happen in the boxing match.

Comment

He's going to destroy Trout just like he did Matthew Hatton. Oh, wait...

Comment

Working...
                    X