No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana in Line For December Date in Argentina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
    The Maidana we saw fight Karass is going to be very hard to beat in the near future - he is implementing head movement and also a very effective jab that he can set his power punches up with. Karass was giving him a fight, but by no means was he giving him problems. Chino was very determined to impress his new trainer and try out his new weapons, what was very surprising was his discipline to stick it out, then you saw him drop and stop someone who has not ever been down nor out - remember the facets you can add to your technique the better you are under fire, because you can adapt, Chino is going to be a problem very soon at the 147 weight class
    WTF? Maidana was getting worked by Soto!!! He makes for great fights, which is why I'll always watch him, but I don't think he'll ever beat a top ten welterweight.

P.S. Robert Guerrero does not qualify as a top-ten welterweight. I don't care what the WBC and The Ring say!!! If he beats Berto, then he should enter the top ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
      nothing much but soto karass was doing a lot of damage on maidana and he's a journeyman so i can see a precise southpaw with skills like guerrero hurting and stopping maidana late
      soto-karass was throwing a lot of punches and moving forward but at what point was maidana damaged or hurt? i can't recall. while guerrero looked like an old man getting his head kicked in by a lesser and more limited fighter in aydin in the second half of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
        WTF? Maidana was getting worked by Soto!!! He makes for great fights, which is why I'll always watch him, but I don't think he'll ever beat a top ten welterweight.

P.S. Robert Guerrero does not qualify as a top-ten welterweight. I don't care what the WBC and The Ring say!!! If he beats Berto, then he should enter the top ten.
        Name 10 WWs that you would favor over Maidana, and don't include Pac/Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post

Spot on! Maidana is fun to watch, but vs world class fighters he's little more than a punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            Spot on! Maidana is fun to watch, but vs world class fighters he's little more than a punching bag.
            "world-class", is Maidana not a world-class fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              "world-class", is Maidana not a world-class fighter?
              No, what Maidana has is a world class chin, a decent punch, and a willingness to mix it up. This makes him fun to watch, but not world class

Comment

watch the fight again......maidana was getting hurt and frustrated so much so that had to resort to dirty tactics hitting after the bell/Low Blows etc

maidana is a entertaining fighter but that's about it he went life and death vs a journeyman and would get hurt by top welters
                robert garcia said himself that he instructed maidana to use dirty tactics to exploit karass. life and death? he stopped him in 8 rounds while showing improvements along the way. let's not gloss over the fact that guerrero himself actually went life and death with aydin, a dude who throws nothing but right hands, for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                  No, what Maidana has is a world class chin, a decent punch, and a willingness to mix it up. This makes him fun to watch, but not world class
                  Being a flawed/incomplete fighter or not having a versatile style doesn't necessarily mean he's not a world-class operator. Who do you consider to be "world-class" at WW?

Also, name 10 WWs that you would favor over Maidana, excluding Pac/Mayweather.

Comment

you have an opinion, i'm not going to call you a ****** for having it but obviously you're mad about something. stay classy, alt.

Comment

okay i guess people see what they want to see

the next time maidana fights a legit contender he gets another loss like the one Devon Alexander gaves him where he won 0 rounds

he losses to berto,devon,pac,mayweather,mike jones, guerrero,ortiz in a rematch, probably josesito lopez as well
                      Maidana did show a bit of improvement. Hell, him using a jab was a major improvement lol, it shows that Garcia is doing his job. I chalk up the Alexander loss more to styles than anything else. Not many guys are gonna be able to beat Devon with the kinda style he brings.

Pac isn't on the menu, so he shouldn't even be included. He'd lose to Mayweather most likely, and he lost to Devon. Every other fight is 50-50 to me. Josesito can box, but he loves to bang and that would benefit Maidana. Mike Jones has a questionable chin and doesn't like to be hit or get pressured, so he'd have a problem with Chino too. Berto has speed/power but very suspect endurance/stamina. Maidana has a piece of Ortiz's heart and soul, and we know that Ortiz is a head-case, so Chino would have the psychological edge.

You're not giving Maidana enough credit imho.

Comment

Working...
                      X