No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Expects 'Fight of The Night' Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Expects 'Fight of The Night' Showdown

WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez was a recent visitor to The Boxing Lab, Boxingscene's official audio show. Gonzalez spoke to us about his upcoming fight against Daniel Ponce De Leon. This coming Saturday, the fight serves as the chief support to Canelo Alvarez's title defense against Josesito Lopez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The SHowtime televised portion of the card will also feature Marcos Maidana taking on Jesus Soto Karass and Leo Santa Cruz making the first defense of his IBF bantamweight title against Eric Morel.

[Click Here To Read More]

I cannot wait for these 2 lil guys to beat the crap out each other for my entertainment.

Comment

i agree with jhonny, he's never in a bad fight. win or lose dude gets down to business

Comment

Man De Leon is gonna get schooled, very few chances of landing a bomb.

Comment

2 of the best P4P punchers of their generation. This is going to be an explosive fight.

I suspect that Jhonny is going try to keep it as a boxing match (he has the style and tools to keep it as a boxing match as well as Nacho game planning) and it is in his best interest to keep it as a boxing match because the Fight of the Night breaks out it'll be because DPDL is going to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            2 of the best P4P punchers of their generation. This is going to be an explosive fight.

I suspect that Jhonny is going try to keep it as a boxing match (he has the style and tools to keep it as a boxing match as well as Nacho game planning) and it is in his best interest to keep it as a boxing match because the Fight of the Night breaks out it'll be because DPDL is going to stop him.
            gonna be a good fight! jhonny will and should outbox him to a UD. what i like about this fight is that both guys have some power and skill. i cant wait to see it. im big on jhonny though and aside from the nishioka stoppage he's been a force to be reckoned with lately at 126. i didnt see the nishioka fight but ponce isnt big on the body punching. its either guys' fight and should be a good one. but i favor jhonny's boxing over ponce's punch

Comment

These two little giants are sure to put on a great show. Not like the junk we saw on Saturday with Ward and Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Lac'em up View Post
                These two little giants are sure to put on a great show. Not like the junk we saw on Saturday with Ward and Dawson.
                I agree, both great fighters but it wasn´t a good match because Dawson was just too drained and weak.

Comment

of all the bouts in both locations this is the 1 that most holds my interest...w/Nacho in Jhonny's corner he catches Ponce & takes him out in an xcellent bout...

Comment

This can be the next mexican trilogy. Looking forward for it

Comment

Working...
                    X