No announcement yet.

WTF Hopkins vs. Pascal is going to HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    hahaha wrong person to ask that question too. Thats like asking you if you'd order a Canelo PPV haha B-Hop is my favorite fighter. Def wanna order it.
    lol i feel you b hop is the man but work is kind of slow for me and im ordering may/ortiz and pac/marquez 3 and cotto/cheater. im just going to have to stream this one i guess.

Comment

Not a bad fight to go on PPV, I have seen crap fights on HBO PPV and this one looks intriguing on paper so yeah it should be on PPV.

Comment

This is a good fight but its not PPV worthy. If HBO wasn't broke from having sold less than 50k ppv's this year total than this fight would not be on PPV.

Comment

I hope they reconsider. Yes, it's a type of fight that could justify a ppv tag to it but when you already have 3 major ppvs coming up, making another one just doesn't make sense. I know by putting it on ppv frees up budget but this is a fight most fans would like to see, don't throw it on ppv. No way am I shelling out ppv money every month, that's for UFC kids that probably live at home with mommy and daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            if that is true that is insane. 4 PPV's 4 months in a row?

floyd ortiz- sept

hopkins vs dawson- oct

pac-marquez- nov

cotto vs marg dec

i have never seen 4 major PPV's lined up in consecutive months like this, that is fuc*ing crazy
            damn.......

Comment

floyd ortiz- sept

hopkins vs dawson- oct

pac-marquez- nov

cotto vs marg dec

i have never seen 4 major PPV's lined up in consecutive months like this, that is fuc*ing crazy
              A few years back in the good economy they made Barrera Juarez 2 a ppv,greedy cocksuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                Its definitely a PPV quality fight, the 2 best light heavyweights in the world going at it. You mother****ers are just too cheap :weedbear:
                not at all, it's jsut that it'll be a borefest

Comment

In truth, I believe this does well enough on PPV. It's not going to break any records, but with some decent promotion, it will do well.

Hopkins is coming off arguably the best win of his career (in terms of significance, performance and the accomplishment.) Chad Dawson is still the person most people have tapped to take over the 175 pound division at some point. If promoted correctly, I wouldn't be floored if it sells somewhere in the neighborhood of 350K to 450K. That's not awful.

People are getting so consumed with these huge numbers from Manny and Floyd and forget that a quality number that even approaches 500K is still considered very successful.

Plus, with the way that Hopkins has been fighting and with the ability of Chad, it's worth watching.

Comment

floyd ortiz- sept

hopkins vs dawson- oct

pac-marquez- nov

cotto vs marg dec

Hopkins vs Dawson is easily the least PPV worthy of those 4 and I'm a huge Hopkins fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      Hopkins vs Dawson is easily the least PPV worthy of those 4 and I'm a huge Hopkins fan.
                      Lol.......

Comment

Working...
                      X