Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrestle Mania review (it was bad)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit older so I'm not sure if I'd like wrestling now even if it went back to the old ways but imo wrestling died when it took itself too serious. Back in the day you had all types of guys, Mr Perfect who was Perfect, Nails an ex con, Big Boss Man a cop, Doink a clown and so on. Wrestling back then was more enjoyable and you had wrestlers of all shapes and sizes. Once the 2000s rolled around it really seemed like they wanted to make everything real. Every guy is the same, every guy has the same build and so on. It's boring and very few of those guys have good mic skills. Its not in the least bit entertaining.

Comment

I tuned in expecting fireworks (not literally) and i was left really disappointed. The only good match on the card was Undertaker vs Triple H. Everything else was trash. The highlight of the whole event was The Rock and Steve Austin stare down and that pretty much says it all.

For me personally the best one was Wrestlemania 16. The main event was a fatal four way between The Rock, Big Show, Mick Foley and Triple H. You also had that crazy hardcore match where Taz made his debut. Kurt Angle got his first big push and who could forget that crazy ladder match?

Wrestling as a hole has really gone down the ****ter. I don't think even the attitude guys returning can bring it back. They need to do something new and innovative like WCW did with NWO or when the WWF made the attitude era. But what could they do thats not already been done?

Comment

Originally posted by OG Loc View Post
        I tuned in expecting fireworks (not literally) and i was left really disappointed. The only good match on the card was Undertaker vs Triple H. Everything else was trash. The highlight of the whole event was The Rock and Steve Austin stare down and that pretty much says it all.

For me personally the best one was Wrestlemania 16. The main event was a fatal four way between The Rock, Big Show, Mick Foley and Triple H. You also had that crazy hardcore match where Taz made his debut. Kurt Angle got his first big push and who could forget that crazy ladder match?

Wrestling as a hole has really gone down the ****ter. I don't think even the attitude guys returning can bring it back. They need to do something new and innovative like WCW did with NWO or when the WWF made the attitude era. But what could they do thats not already been done?
        Yeah but why would they? they have a monopoly and are essentially the only show in town, H/Taker match was about the only good thing about WM, Punk/Orton was good but nothing like TS said that they can't do on Raw.

Didn't bother watch Cena/Miz or the snooki match.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          He isn't even a good heel yet along a good wrestler, as the crowd wanted him to win over Cena. The crowd were canting for the miz.
          He is a good heel IMO. Cena is a rare situation where the face is heavily booed, but it also reflects the culture we're in today. A guy like Cena would've been adored in 85-90. But as Hogan's schtick got old and he needed to reinvent himself, they should've used a similar approach with Cena as he can become a HUGE heel if done right (but you obviously don't wanna zap his marketing ability with movies, etc).

The worst thing ironically that happened to WWE was them buying out WCW. That was their main competitor (because TNA now sure hell isn't) and they kept WWE on the grind to push the envelope. It seems as if the product now is just a very predictable circus show with no good story lines as well as a lack of charisma from the new generation. Sad to say, I haven't watched a full Raw in about 7 years, but always manage to watch Mania.
          Last edited by RL_GMA; 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeless Lump View Post
            Mankind was never meant to go through the cell roof
            well he did and it was fcking epic

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              The problem the WWE is having is that their talent roster in a whole is really sub par. You can have all the writers you want, but you need "PERFORMERS". Though Miz isn't the best wrestler they have, he plays his roll as a heel really well, which sometimes gets you further than just being a "quality wrestler".

I've come to expect nothing more from WWE than what I've seen in the last 25 yrs Ive been watching wrestling. I don't think it'll ever get better than the 80s and Monday Night War era.
              exactly the best era was the early 80's up until the mid 90's after that it became more of an acting event than a wrestling event.

Randy Savage, Hogan, Warrior, Steamboat ect up until Steve Austin and the Rock was when you had personality in the ring. Everything since is just junk no talent, noone you could say he I believe in him, that guys awsome ect ect. Who the hell is John Cena? And Bautista? The Mizz? come on..............................

Comment

x seven was the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Zig Zag. View Post
                  x seven was the best ever.
                  Wrestlemania 3 was the best ever, Then 6 after that.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
                    Wrestlemania 3 was the best ever, Then 6 after that.
                    Yea WM 3 was its peak by far. WM6 was also huge with Hogan vs Warrior. I remember as a kid watching that with a bunch of friends from school and the room was divided between Warrior and Hogan fans (I was rockin for Hogan lol).

They can't make **** like that anymore.

Last edited by RL_GMA; 04-05-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      He is a good heel IMO. Cena is a rare situation where the face is heavily booed, but it also reflects the culture we're in today. A guy like Cena would've been adored in 85-90. But as Hogan's schtick got old and he needed to reinvent himself, they should've used a similar approach with Cena as he can become a HUGE heel if done right (but you obviously don't wanna zap his marketing ability with movies, etc).

The worst thing ironically that happened to WWE was them buying out WCW. That was their main competitor (because TNA now sure hell isn't) and they kept WWE on the grind to push the envelope. It seems as if the product now is just a very predictable circus show with no good story lines as well as a lack of charisma from the new generation. Sad to say, I haven't watched a full Raw in about 7 years, but always manage to watch Mania.
                      When i stopped watching wrestling about 2002-2003 John Cena was just coming through and he was a great heel. The crowd hated him. So i was shocked to see how much of a baby face he has turned into. He is a rubbish face as the crowd always boo him anyway.

Triple H was a heel for donkeys years and was still one of the most popular and well recognised wrestlers in the world. So you don't have to be a face to be big.

Comment

Working...
                      X