Comments Thread For: Crawford To Leapfrog Over Matthysse To WBO Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Cause Lucas doesn't want it
    Lucas is ranked both in WBO and WBC. They move to WBO because they thought that they wouldn't get a WBC title shot this year (Danny Garcia is the champ and Boner ranked Nš 4). But i guess they didn't see this coming, i mean Algieri being champ again and Crawford moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
      Just give Crawford the belt now.

No one is touching that boy for a long time.
      In all honesty he might lose to Algieri. Crawford is good but not so good that I think he'll just dominate fighters like Lucas and Algieri.
      Last edited by SilverMiles; 01-11-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Whether they give Chris the title or not he has to face Crawford next. Should be a top bout until Crawford takes over.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
          Francisco Varcarcel, the president of the World Boxing Organization spoke yesterday to the argentine radio show "Campeones en el ring" to clarify whats is likely to happen with the WBO vacant junior welterweight title. Varcalcel said:

"Chris Algieri, who vacated the title to fight against Pacquiao, appealed the vacancy and will be resolved later this month whether he holds or not the title. Meanwhile, Terence Crawford (135 champion) has priority, over Matthysse, to access to a title shot in case he moves up in weight...

( ... ) TV networks want to see this 28/2 Lucas vs. Ruslan Provodnikov. In that case, they would not fight for the belt, but for the title or not, is the fight they want to make"

So, we might get Provodnicov vs. Matthysse first and the winner would then get a title shot against the winner of Algieri vs. Crawford.

http://campeonesenelring.com.ar/2015...mpeones-radio/
          I can't really argue with that, Ruslan v Lucas is a great fight and the winner gets the champ? That's even better and how boxing has to be built at times. This could be a huge little tourney.

Comment

Sounds pretty good to me. Matthysse-Provodnikov is one of the best match-ups that could possibly be made in boxing. Crawford-Algieri might be a bit dull but having the winner fight Matthysse/Provodnikov would be great.

Comment

Mattie's eye doe.

Comment

I'm with whatever plan leads to Matts/Provodnikov. That match-up is FIRE!

Comment

I got Algieri over Crawford and Prov over Matthysse in a war

Comment

Crawford stops algeiri imo

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Crawford stops algeiri imo
                      lol he's a pillow puncher. don't be fooled by his ko over glass chinned smaller gamboa. that was like an alexander-urango type mirage.

Comment

Working...
                      X