No announcement yet.

How in the world does Paulie continue to keep his job with Showtime? Lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the world does Paulie continue to keep his job with Showtime? Lol

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and I think he is an outstanding commentator. He has very high boxing IQ and is one of my favorites when it comes to analyzing fights.

But on more than one occasion the guy has flat out said the judges scoring a fight were bought at worst and extremely bias at best. Tonight he went even further when he said that the shobox stats that show the number of punches thrown and landed are based on "the opinion of the guy pushing the buttons," in a way suggesting that those numbers can also be skewed at will if desired.

I'm not doubting that some fights are fixed, I'm just shocked that a guy working for a major boxing network can constantly call it out and continue to be employed hah. More power to him though.

Paulie a G.

Comment

Because he's a damn good commentator, you think he won't be quite either if they fire him for talking against him?

Dude will blast them on twitter any everything, dude's the self proclaimed #SMK.

Comment

He's the best commentator out there at the moment.

Comment

Simply put, Paulie is the man.

Comment

paulie is a boss those where my thoughts exactly. You could tell paulie was feeling for herrera bc he has been in that position with the baby bull. He wanted to throw a tantrum as it should of been.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskay View Post
              Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and I think he is an outstanding commentator. He has very high boxing IQ and is one of my favorites when it comes to analyzing fights.

But on more than one occasion the guy has flat out said the judges scoring a fight were bought at worst and extremely bias at best. Tonight he went even further when he said that the shobox stats that show the number of punches thrown and landed are based on "the opinion of the guy pushing the buttons," in a way suggesting that those numbers can also be skewed at will if desired.

I'm not doubting that some fights are fixed, I'm just shocked that a guy working for a major boxing network can constantly call it out and continue to be employed hah. More power to him though.
              listen i know some don't like him but paulie takes after teddy atlas in that respect. i mean to me its obvious too.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                paulie is a boss those where my thoughts exactly. You could tell paulie was feeling for herrera bc he has been in that position with the baby bull. He wanted to throw a tantrum as it should of been.

True. It also seemed like after 8, Paulie was going to score it for Herrera regardless of what happened over the last 4 rounds though, just so he could b*tch about how the judges got it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskay View Post
                  True. It also seemed like after 8, Paulie was going to score it for Herrera regardless of what happened over the last 4 rounds though, just so he could b*tch about how the judges got it wrong.
                  well after 8 round garcia was already up so wide on the open score cards that herrera needed a ko to win the fight. When the total opposite was going on. To that point herrera should of been up 7-1 or 6-2 if you want to be generous.

Comment

that ranallo dude on the other hand DNSAB

Comment

Working...
                    X