No announcement yet.

"Dinamita" vs "Chino"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twrx View Post
    Sadly its a fight that wont happen isnt jmm top rank and chino golden boy?
    I agree with some comments on here alot of sleeping is being done on marquez to undermind bradley but truth is jmm kept up with the best version of bradley who I think can beat pac in a rematch and give floyd problems. Jmm maidana is the only fight that makes sense for him
    I don't think Marquez is with Top Rank or Bob(head) would've force him 2 fight Pacquiao. He's like Mayweather Jr n Cotto.

Comment

Maidana has enough tools in the toolbelt to stop Marquez. Maidana is not a sloppy brawler like everyone thinks; he has a deceiving skill set.

Maidana has the best power at 147 and crude skills but skills nonetheless. Also, Chino has A+ heart and willpower to keep fighting till the end, even if things aren't going his way. The man has faced and overcame adversity in multiple fights.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        Maidana has enough tools in the toolbelt to stop Marquez. Maidana is not a sloppy brawler like everyone thinks; he has a deceiving skill set.

Maidana has the best power at 147 and crude skills but skills nonetheless. Also, Chino has A+ heart and willpower to keep fighting till the end, even if things aren't going his way. The man has faced and overcame adversity in multiple fights.
        Like the exact same can't be said about Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Like the exact same can't be said about Marquez
          I'm sorry but Maidana punches like a welterweight Rocky Marciano; Marquez' hitting power is no where near Chino's. I respect Marquez for what he's done in his career. However -- at this stage in his career -- he is food for a prime technical puncher with head movement like Marcos Maidana.

Marquez doesn't have enough fire power to stop the wild Argentine bull from coming at him. An in-his-prime Adrien Broner couldn't do it. And I'll even take it further -- I don't think a 37-year-old Floyd Mayweather has enough stand-your-ground mental/physical willpower to stop Maidana from coming at him violently. Sure Mayweather can hold him off for 6 rounds, maybe 7. But in the late rounds Maidana would catch him in violent fashion. Much like Rocky Marciano got Joe Louis. A prime puncher vs the aging boxer.

Comment

I'm sorry but Maidana punches like a welterweight Rocky Marciano; Marquez' hitting power is no where near Chino's. I respect Marquez for what he's done in his career. However -- at this stage in his career -- he is food for a prime technical puncher with head movement like Marcos Maidana.

Marquez doesn't have enough fire power to stop the wild Argentine bull from coming at him. An in-his-prime Adrien Broner couldn't do it. And I'll even take it further -- I don't think a 37-year-old Floyd Mayweather has enough stand-your-ground mental/physical willpower to stop Maidana from coming at him violently. Sure Mayweather can hold him off for 6 rounds, maybe 7. But in the late rounds Maidana would catch him in violent fashion. Much like Rocky Marciano got Joe Louis. A prime puncher vs the aging boxer.
            I'm not talking about power...

I bold the section of your post about maidana's willpower, and fighting til the end no matter what....
            Same can be said about jmm

Comment

Ps. Floyd ain't no old Louis yet,,, maidana has a legit chance to beat jmm, but Floyd would easily beat maidana IMO

Comment

I'm not talking about power...

I bold the section of your post about maidana's willpower, and fighting til the end no matter what....
                Same can be said about jmm
                I apologize. My error. I agree with you on that point but do you really see an old Marquez controlling Maidana?! A prime Khan barely could. A prime Broner couldn't. A prime Victor Ortiz couldn't do it. Jesus Soto Karass in the best shape of his life (trained in Big Bear, CA) couldn't do it.

I like Marquez but Maidana is a bad matchup for him at this point in his career. Maidana is more craftier than Pacquiao. The tricks JMM used on Pac won't work on Maidana. Maidana has experience from all his tough fights. Maidana takes his time and is constantly changing up his rhythm.

Ask any trainer to study film on Maidana, and they'll tell you he's a handful. I've studied Maidana's fights. He moves his head. Rolls and slips punches. Has elite A+ footwork (footwork is different than footspeed). He punches at angles and never gets predictable. He changes up his offense, i.e. the first knockdown against Broner. Maidana threw a hard feint to the body, got Broner to flinch, and turned in into a lead left hook to the chin. Bang! Flush on the chin. A flush shot from Maidana is bad, real bad for your health.

In every fight Maidana finds a way to land his punches. He finds a way. He's not cute. He's not pretty. But the man finds a way. The only exception was when he had a guy illegally clinch excessively for twelve rounds. Marquez is not gonna clinch. Marquez' defense is not impregnable. Maidana would find homes for his bombs.

Comment

Ps. Floyd ain't no old Louis yet,,, maidana has a legit chance to beat jmm, but Floyd would easily beat maidana IMO
                  I respect your opinion. I agree that Mayweather is great. However Maidana has the style to beat Mayweather. Much like Duran beat Leonard. There's a reason Mayweather hasn't announced he's fighting Maidana. There's a reason Mayweather prefers boxer punchers and not puncher boxers. I'm not saying Mayweather is scared, but he's definitely thinking.

Even if you have all the boxing skills like Mayweather, fighting Maidana is bad for your health. Ask Broner. Ask Khan. Ask Ortiz. Ask Josesito Lopez.

Imagine yourself in Floyd's position. If you have to fight Maidana next that means you can't make any mistakes. You have no leeway. No extra slack to make a wrong move. Maidana, on the other hand, has the luxury of being able to make mistakes. He's fought harder punchers. He's been in tough fights physically and mentally.

To beat Maidana, Mayweather would have to be as good, fast, and sharp as he was when he beat Diego Corrales. Mayweather is not that good anymore. He's slowed down a lot since then. That's just another advantage for Maidana.

Comment

Yes. This is a perfect retirement fight for marquez. The brilliance with this fight is that, although maidana is younger and on his prime and somewhat created a good name already via humiliating broner, -- yet his style is very suited and easily counterable by marquez. Marquez can look potentially good to great in this fight; since he can potentially earn a good knockout or stoppage victory. Maidana will be eating nonstop counter left and rights. Virtually everything is open with his style to be countered.

Of course, the great danger also looms.. what if marquez gets hit by those massive shots by maidana? Maidana's power isn't a joke we know that, if he can repeatedly catch marquez with it, the result could be the other way around. If he can dismantle dinamita; maidana enters p4p, and is in serious contention with the very elites. Big purse fights awaits...

Comment

Must say I enjoy reading your perspective. I agree with you that Maidana is at his prime or about to peak in his next fight or so. And, even if he wasnt before, he has become more of a technician than many give him credit for. One of the traits I most admire about him is his ability to learn and absorb new teachings so quickly. It is truly a rare gift. If he had A+ conditioning and stamina, I truly believe the sky's the limit for him. Hopefully Ariza gets him there. As for whether he beats May, cant say. Too many unknown factors at this point. He has a much better chance than Khan though. Khan is passed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X