No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Guerrero: Golovkin Can Punch, But So Can I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Guerrero: Golovkin Can Punch, But So Can I

Middleweight contender Fernando Guerrero would welcome a world title shot against super slugger Gennady Golovkin of Kazakhstan if afforded the opportunity.

BoxingScene.com’s Rick Reeno reported Thursday morning that Golovkin (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his 160-pound belt on Jan. 19 at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, with Gabriel Rosado and Guerrero the leading candidates to land the fight.

“I saw his fight on HBO,” Guerrero said of Golovkin’s five-round destruction of Grzegorz Proksa in September. “I guess he can punch. He can punch, but don’t forget, I’m a puncher, too, and I can box. I’d test that when I most likely get in the ring with him if I get the fight. Other than that I didn’t see anything special.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this. Guerrero needs to step back in contention and Golovkin needs more names under his resume. I say FIGHT ON!

Comment

This should be a good fight.

By the way, Golovkin was distracted by his legal battle with Universum and other things in the days leading up to his only less-than-stellar performance.

He hadn't slept for three days before becoming the first to stop Kassim Ouma (Ouma was hospitalized after the fight):

(use Google Translate)

http://www.nv.kz/2011/06/29/21384/

Comment

You'll have nightmares

Comment

I like this fight, let's make it happen

Comment

I do not think Golovkin is some unbeatable force; however....Fernando Guerrero will end up in the hospital or worse. He has ZERO chance in there with GGG. I worry about his health for this one. He would be in WAY over his head....

Comment

It'll probably be Rosado and not FG.

From what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                It'll probably be Rosado and not FG.

From what I hear.
                Source? A few days ago you were reporting Marco Rubio as Golovkin's next opponent...

Comment

It's a very good fight, one I don't expect Guerrero to win but he'll challenge Golovkin. Please don't bring up his knock out loss to Brewer, in which he moved down, weighed in at 152 and looked extremely weak from the opening bell. I've watched plenty of Guerrero, he has some very good qualities but a bad tendency to back up straight with his right hand down to his waist, those tendencies need to get fixed quick. Again he can fight in close, can counter well, turn his opponents and fight off the ropes, it'll be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Source? A few days ago you were reporting Marco Rubio as Golovkin's next opponent...
                    Chris Mannix: If approved by @HBOBoxing, Golovkin-Rosado would be in the theatre at Madison Square Garden on Jan 19th

But this was a few days ago. So it could have changed. Gabe shouldn't take the fight with K9 in his sights. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X