No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Donaire Will Be Too Fast, Smart For Nishioka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Donaire in for the toughest fight of his career if he can't KO Nishioka. IMO
    I wonder if a 37 year old Nishioka is better than Mathebula... Mathebula gave him a hell of a fight. My main concern is the layoff so late in his career.

Comment

But he won't be too sexy for Nishioka. That will ultimately be his downfall.

Comment

Its interesting because Donaire is a beast, big time power and speed and tight skillset. However, I can't help but feel there is still this glaring vulnerability about him and I cannot quite put my finger on it. It almost seems when he hits someone and they don't go bye bye, he seems to start questioning himself or losing confidence. The WV2 fight showed me that. Also at the higher weight, he still has ridiculous power but he has yet to stop anyone I believe. WV2 made it 12 and even started winning rounds and the last guy (forgot his name) made it 12. Donaire may need to start being concerned if he continues to move up because his power will be diminishing. I think he beats Nishioka but it may be tough. I think Donaire would have his hands full with Rigo and Mares though.

Comment

Too fast, maybe. Too smart? Really? Nonito? I'm not impressed at all with his ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
            Its interesting because Donaire is a beast, big time power and speed and tight skillset. However, I can't help but feel there is still this glaring vulnerability about him and I cannot quite put my finger on it. It almost seems when he hits someone and they don't go bye bye, he seems to start questioning himself or losing confidence. The WV2 fight showed me that. Also at the higher weight, he still has ridiculous power but he has yet to stop anyone I believe. WV2 made it 12 and even started winning rounds and the last guy (forgot his name) made it 12. Donaire may need to start being concerned if he continues to move up because his power will be diminishing. I think he beats Nishioka but it may be tough. I think Donaire would have his hands full with Rigo and Mares though.
            Nonito's vulnerability is his defense IMO, and this plagues a lot of fighters that we rank high. There aren't many fighters today that are more adept defensively than they are offensively. Nonito might have too much faith in his ability to take a punch, and THAT could get him in trouble. You can bet that Donaire will be looking to land his left hook. He's becoming ruled by his power (like Juanma), and Nishi will look to take advantage because he knows it too.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I'm not sold on Nonito's ring IQ, he seems to have a decent set of skills, but doesn't know when to use them. He takes too long to adjust his game-plan when he can't get you outta there early.
              Agreed, the fact that he got frustrated and "bored" in Narvaez fight says a lot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                Nonito's vulnerability is his defense IMO, and this plagues a lot of fighters that we rank high. There aren't many fighters today that are more adept defensively than they are offensively. Nonito might have too much faith in his ability to take a punch, and THAT could get him in trouble. You can bet that Donaire will be looking to land his left hook. He's becoming ruled by his power (like Juanma), and Nishi will look to take advantage because he knows it too.
                This is why I dont think he will make it at 126 or anything higher. Sure he's knocking some guys down but he's not taking them out and as you guys pointed out look what happens when he doesn't? What's gonna happen when he moves up and his punches don't faze the guys up there? What's gonna happen when he's in there with a guy his size who can hurt him? Loading up that left is gonna be his doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                  Agreed, the fact that he got frustrated and "bored" in Narvaez fight says a lot to me.
                  I've watched that fight a couple times, and what I took away from it was, Nonito would've been in trouble had Narvaez been stronger. Nonito showed him very little respect with the way he was attacking Narvaez and he was eating shots on the way in. He's gonna get reckless with the wrong fighter and it'll come back to bite him.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

nishioka isn't that fast. all he has is that straight left hand. doniare has the whole package, hand speed, footwork, head movement, you name it. if nishioka can't take donaire's power, then he gets knocked out around the final rounds.

Comment

I've watched that fight a couple times, and what I took away from it was, Nonito would've been in trouble had Narvaez been stronger. Nonito showed him very little respect with the way he was attacking Narvaez and he was eating shots on the way in. He's gonna get reckless with the wrong fighter and it'll come back to bite him.
                      Nonito got overconfident and it went to his head.

That fight was supposed to be his coming out party and he was meant to look good against a lacklustre opponent.

Narvaez couldn't capitalise but a smart fighter that sets traps could very well catch Nonito.

Comment

Working...
                      X