Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest defensive fighter of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to be honest I'm a huge pep fan but didn't have the variety Floyd has.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      .......Really? who's the greatest Offensive fighter In your opinion?
      Ray Robinson

Comment

Pernel Whitaker for me, defense came from pure reflexes & instinct, while Pep & Mayweather are more technically defensive.

Comment

I rank Whitaker and Pep above Locche, he wasn't consistent enough IMO.

Comment

Pernel Whitaker is the best defensive fighter I've ever seen. Willie Pep is arguable. But Floyd is the best defensive, timing, counter puncher I've seen. NO *****OOOO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              u make it seem like hes not in the discussion. stop being a butthurt loser. he may not be the greatest, i dont think he is, but if hes among the 4 or 5 best then why shouldnt ppl be able to mention him?
              What are you talking about you deluded nuthugger? Floyd mayweather is a great defensive fighter but certainly not the greatest,jesus nsb is bad for *****s

Comment

Forgot Lionel Rose, he's in the upper echelon of Defensive boxers as well.

Comment

I would go with Locche he did not have the physical assets that Whitacker had yet he barely got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    Its between Pep,Locche and Whitaker as those 3 are a step above in terms of defence imo,im wondering who NSB thinks is the greatest of the three?
                    I wouldn't call Pep in this list as the last I heard of him he's in a bad way with Dementia Pugilistica, and you don'tget that from being the best defensive boxer of all time. Too much has been made of him winning a rd without striking apunch, maybe apocryphal.

I'd go for Whitaker, and Locche, two top defensive experts, who9 also could score ponts. But the recognised masrer of defence has always been Jack Johnson. So that makes you'r top 3. Although I'm sire that since his time, and Locche's time there must have been a 100 defensive fighters equally as good whom are not popular with the press, so we don't hear about

But reckoned BY ME as the GREATEST of them all was a geezer named YOUNG GRIFFO

Look him up. They all had different styles and were all equally effective. Griffo the most unusual. Especial;;y when he could perform just as well when drunk as when sober. Training was lax in those times, which makes him allthe more extraordianary.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                      Its between Pep,Locche and Whitaker as those 3 are a step above in terms of defence imo,im wondering who NSB thinks is the greatest of the three?
                      The answer is none of the above. The correct answer is Manny Pacquaio. He has spent the last six years of his career avoiding ANYONE who might actually harm him.

Comment

Working...
                      X