**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    yo can the rockets have dwight now?
    I wonder if he can really fit into the Rockets offense? Would he be worth the money the Rockets would spend on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
      With his healing ability, and modern medicine, plus rest, Kobe will be back fairly stong IMO. I know all about achilles injuries as my dad ruptured his. He was just as strong as ever after it healed.
      Yeah but I've also seen elite athletes 23 yo tear their Achilles and ruin their careers or they come back not the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        MDA should've threw the towel after the first two knockdowns. Kobe is one tough stubborn son of a ***** though. I really despise his fans, but i have nothing but the utmost respect for him as a pro athlete. It will take a while before we'll ever see another elite superstar SG like him. Dwyane Wade and James Harden are great, but they just don't have the same competitive spirit to be as successful as Kobe has been throughout his career. Hats off to the greatest player of our era.
        Westbrook maybe. Technically he is a 2 guard but okc made him play point.

Comment

• Lol at the people saying Kobe's career is over. It's been reported he'll be out 6-9 months, could very well be back for the start of the season next year, if he heals well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Lol at the people saying Kobe's career is over. It's been reported he'll be out 6-9 months, could very well be back for the start of the season next year, if he heals well.
            it's a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Westbrook maybe. Technically he is a 2 guard but okc made him play point.
              He's too inconsistent and has a low b-ball IQ. I still think that he's a better leader than Durant though. Durant is the superstar of the team, but Westbrook is the heart and soul of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                it's a possibility.
                Even if it's the full 9 months, he can return mid-season. His career isn't over by any means. It sucks though, I really would have liked to see if LA could have pulled the upset int he first round, you never know what could have happened. The Lakers weren't winning it this year obviously, but still.

Comment

• Sad to see a player like Kobe go down like that. He was in the middle of a playoff race and looking like they were in already. And toy just love to watch a competitor like that play because there is just no quit in him. He is the type of player that makes fans passionate.

I think they could have beaten S.A in a first round match. I think the only team they can't beatis OKC in the west. Bit without him unless everyone sstarts playing spectacular they don't have a chance.

Comment

• Lakers can still make a hell of a competitive effort... pau, d12, nash, metta, banks and jamison... book it.

Comment

• Too bad about Kobe. I have been thinking that he returned too quick from the left ankle sprain. Now it is had not to imagine the left Achilles tendon tear was a result of that more than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                      X