Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Kermit Cintron's Ring Exit Accidental Or Intentional? (HD Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rushcutters Bay View Post
    He purposely jumped out of the ring to end that boring farce of a fight.
    It was only the fourth round and looked like it was about to pick up.
    But either I don't understand if anyone really though he did it on purpose. Like he'd risk breaking his neck or ribs but tossing himself outta the ring. He already landed on Williams a few times.

Comment

he pulled a ***** move. He was clearly looking for a way out of that fight and had his opprutunity to jump out the ring. the dude didn't even hit his head.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
        clearly an accident, he was already highly off balance when he took that 2nd step, he was even leaning a bit forward before fully taking that 2nd step. honestly Paul ain't little if he swings you like that you gonna move and possibly lose balance, it clearly happened to Kermit. you know whats funny, Paul Williams Adviser Al Haymon is in HBO's back pocket, this fight ends and lets say Kermit won, do you think they will be saying that HBO wont buy the rematch? NOPE they would sell that **** but since he won and had a hard time doing his adviser doesn't support a rematch and HBO doesn't buy the event, these men aren't stupid they making him out to be like the next Tommy Hearns you really think they want to risk losing the spot light on Williams over Cintron? Williams just says "yes" to everything his people tell him so I don't expect him to know anything nor do I suspect him of any foul play but his people? they some slick match making mother****ers..

was it an accident? my answer is yes, that's my opinion so ima stick with that but I also think it's bull**** that Kermit boxes his socks off for 3 rounds they give the majority of to Williams when he wasn't nearly as damaging to his opponent and then rejects talks of a rematch like nobody knows who and what Al Haymon is to HBO. the rematch of this fight made more sense then the first fight ever happening in the beginning because he we saw Cintron take a ****ty loss after a awesome performance and is being denied a rematch and to me that is foul especially when Kermit said he would do it at 154 or even 147 which is something no one else will want to do and that's face him at 147
        All this....

In any event PW was getting it put on him so maybe he did that tie up intentionally...

jk..

Comment

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
          It was only the fourth round and looked like it was about to pick up.
          But either I don't understand if anyone really though he did it on purpose. Like he'd risk breaking his neck or ribs but tossing himself outta the ring.[/b] He already landed on Williams a few times.[/b]

Exactly..Why throw a fight your winning especially when your hurting your opponent..

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
            [/b]

cosign, this is why i said earlier that hbo doesnt want another right hand from cintron to land on pwill's chin. not cuz cintron would beat him but cuz the rematch obviously aint happening cuz hbo and al haymon dont want the risk. watch hbo continue with the "most feared man in boxing" bull****
            Exactly man and that **** pisses me off because Kermit is a good fighter, seriously man people don't give him enough credit for his fight game but there is a reason why HBO doesn't want this fight and that's because it'll **** their stock and investments not because it wouldn't sell, it sure as **** makes more sense then buying Juarez-John II. I been knowing about Kermit Cintron since before the brick layer got to him man it's a real shame he wont get a chance to prove himself in a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
              Exactly man and that **** pisses me off because Kermit is a good fighter, seriously man people don't give him enough credit for his fight game but there is a reason why HBO doesn't want this fight and that's because it'll **** their stock and investments not because it wouldn't sell, it sure as **** makes more sense then buying Juarez-John II. I been knowing about Kermit Cintron since before the brick layer got to him man it's a real shame he wont get a chance to prove himself in a rematch
              yeah hbo saw the risk in only those three rounds, the question is who will fight pwill now? it should be cintron or martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                The decision in favor of Williams is highly debatable imo. There is a strong case for Cintron being ahead in the fight at that point. Whether he would have won the fight if it had continued as normal is again a debatable issue because Williams appeared to be pressing the action in the 4th, although Cintron also landed some excellent counters. It's a shame it didn't continue man, it was just getting interesting.

I agree the ring exit appears most likely to be entirely accidental, what about the aftermath? Do you think Cintron was genuinely injured, stunned or winded? Or, you think he was over-dramatizing the situation?
                I think at first when he first made impact not with the table but with the floor he was indeed winded, he had no way of slowing down his fall he just went with the momentum. after though the doctor is holding him down and telling him it can probably be a spinal injury. think about it like this, if you explain what you feel to a doctor after such an awkward fall and he says to stay still because what you may have might be a spinal injury which common sense tells you can paralyze you wouldn't you stay still? I think he recovered while on the floor but was told to stay down, I can believe he lost his wind by the fall but they didn't let him get up, even Paul Williams said he heard Cintron asking to continue while on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                  The 4th? I thought he landed some good shots in that round. It seemed to me as if he was beginning to open up.
                  the round lasted 35 seconds and according to compubox William landed 4 punches in the round and cintron 4. I dont know what round you were looking at because in the 4th round William did not land anything.
                  Cintron landed at

2:48
                  2:43
                  2:29

Williams landed at
                  2:44
                  2:46
                  2 punches on the back 2:41

Comment

Working...
                  X