Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really?

Originally posted by Bipolar Hero View Post
    All had their strengths and weaknesses.

Out of the three, Pea is the only boxing god. He was more difficult to beat than Roy or Floyd. Both of them have weaknesses in the ring that Whitaker didn't have. Please enlighten me of Pea's in ring weaknesses?

Comment

• If I had to rank these fighters:

1. Roy - IMHO, Jones at his peak with his "God gifted" reflexes, no one beats him, no one.

2. Floyd - His defensive capabilities were a wonder to behold. I've seen all of his fights and I was a fan from the beginning. The best defensive fighter of all time.

3. Pernell - An absolutely amazing boxer. I've seen all of his fights as well and he was such a joy to watch school great fighters. Brilliant!

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        Out of the three, Pea is the only boxing god. He was more difficult to beat than Roy or Floyd. Both of them have weaknesses in the ring that Whitaker didn't have. Please enlighten me of Pea's in ring weaknesses?
        Inability to mount consistent enough offensive combinations. Meaning, he could make a guy miss and miss and miss and throw some punches out there of his own but against the bigger, better opponents, he didn't do it often enough, which is why he lost to Oscar for example. He frustrated the hell outta the Goldenboy but he never landed much of not himself. He gave that fight away.

Yes he wasn't quite prime at that stage but he was still the leading WW, p4p top 5 minimum and very close to the best of his personal ability, against a guy moving up. He should have pressed home the advantage a lot more but he never did. That's his biggest weakness.

Comment

Working...
        X