Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A stroke of genius, Mayweather vs Sergio Martinez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio tried for quite some time to fight both Floyd and Manny and offered to drop as low as 150. Neither wanted anything to do with that matchup. Manny pretty much ignored the offer and when asked about it Floyd said Sergio was a great fight for Andre Direll.

As far as weight, the only one it would be a problem for would be Sergio as he's always offered both fights to be at 150 and he hasn't fought at 154 for quite some time. But, it was too dangerous a fight for either of them at the time. At this point, who knows, after so many injuries and years spent fighting bigger foes, it may have all begun to catch up with hI'm and he truly has become vulnerable to the point that his athleticism won't be enough to make up for his lack of technique.

Comment

Didn't read the novel TS wrote. What's the weight? 159?

Floyd gets ktfo just like Cotto will :/

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
        Why you ask???? Because Sergio is vulnerable, through no fault of his own.... He is injured and aging..... I think Sergio's injury is worse than he's letting us know..... He would downplay this if a Mayweather fight is on the line......

There is blood in the water and some shark is going to feast, why not Floyd????? He should consider the window of opportunity, before someone else beats him to the punch.....
        I understand that Sergio is a risk, but he is also a opportunity..... And at this point, almost no one seems to realises this......
        Erm.. I thought Cotto was fighting Martinez. Does he qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Erm.. I thought Cotto was fighting Martinez. Does he qualify?
          Cotto is really on the decline...... Obviously I considered the Cotto fight..... I feel that the difference between what Cotto brings to the table and what Mayweather brings is a difference maker....

I'm suggesting that Martinez is vulnerable , not finished..... I think he has enough to get the job done vs Cotto....

Look, it's just conversation..... Something to do between fights..... Cotto is very respectable, but not the fighter he was a few years back....I just think Sergio will get past him.....

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks Sergio wouldn't stand a chance?

Comment

Mayweather would never fight Martinez, only a Cotto rematch if Cotto were to win.

Comment

Working...
              X