Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How highly do you rate Abel Sanchez as a trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How highly do you rate Abel Sanchez as a trainer?

Has he had a lot of success with other fighters?

I like Abel very much he shows concern for fighters outside the ring as well as inside! He was a successfull contractor prior to getting into boxing and has a beautifull training facility in the Calif. hills.
    I think he had Sam Peters and the Norris Bros. a few years back but he's become known for prepping fighters to get ready for their bouts. He has quality fighters along with titled fighters training there and giving good work to one another. That alone is rare to see when fighters are under different management and promoters! Obviously he gets alot of trust from everyone involved at the training center. Plus he conducts himself very well showing respect for opponents and the media while being protective of his charges!
    Seems like a nice man to me and he's gaining alot of experience with GGG and GGG is also benefiting from his relationship with Abel! Good team! Ray

Comment

Building that gym in Big Bear was a smart move. Now he has a place at high altitude where he can train his guys without having to rent space or reserve certain dates.

Comment

I know he used to work with Terry Norris. It will be interesting to see what success he can have with other fighters going forward.

Comment

I have no opinion on him other than to say he's going to become the next Freddie Roach, the next celebrity trainer.

Comment

If he can create more champions then that's all that will matter. But the jury is still out on that.

Comment

He used to work with Zolkin you can see him in the Williams fight i think. I was skeptical of GGG working with him at first especially after the Ouma fight but i definitely think he has done a good job, very good trainer and great camp in BB. Seems like a good person too.

Only thing i don't like is Sanchez said he only trains his fighters to impose their own gameplan, doesn't tailor anything in camp to specific opponents and doesnt sound like he watches film of them. Obviously you want to make your opponent fight your fight but if you run into someone versatile like Ward you want to be as prepared as possible. Nothing wrong with studying your opponents, knowing their habits and being as prepared as possible. Seems foolish not to do so in my eyes. Confidence is good but arrogance or underestimating your opponent isn't.
              Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-01-2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I agree with the poster above. I think he will have to study other fighters for weaknesses to reach the highest level of trainers. I think if he can add that to his game, then he will be an elite trainer.

On a side note, I can't stand his f'n smile. It's so obnoxious lol.

Comment

He seems pretty abel...

Comment

Working...
                  X