No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva is the "GOAT" because..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    I pretty much agree with the last 2 posts my last one is sandwiched in between for the most part, except I still give the slight edge to Fedor for his resume and winning streak. A win over Jones might change my mind, however, especially if it's in impressive fashion, as many of Silva's recent fights have been. He has finished his last 5 opponents, with 4 knockouts. If he can TKO Jones, and retire with the title, continue his win streak a little longer, say about a year or two, I think that could be enough to put him slightly ahead. Like I said, this is like the old Ali vs. Louis arguments in heavyweight boxing or Robinson vs. Charles discussions when it comes to
    P4P all-time rankings, taking into account skill sets and resumes. Personally, I'd like to see Silva pull it off, beat Jones by TKO or submit him and retire unbeaten in the UFC.
    Put it this way. If Silva beat Jones, let alone by TKO/KO, then he's the GOAT. Hands down. Until then, that title goes to Fedor.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      What does that mean, pulling an Arum/GBP? What are they known for?
      Lets say Dana has Silva. Company x has Jones. The fans want the fight, but the promoters just want them to dominate in their organization, while still making money, and not risking one of them to lose, so as to lose the allure, and money in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X