Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua is not ready to fight Tyson Fury according to Lennox Lewis. Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Well Breazeale wasn't fighting, he was surviving. Thats the thing with that fight. Whyte actually had Joshua in his first fight. Lets not like Breazeale did the same. He talked well, like Martin, but didn't show up for the fight. And thats a testament to Joshua's intimidation with his build + power + perfect record so far.

See this is the stuff I keep talking about. Without breaking a sweat he'll beat Bermane, Parker, Fury & Wilder? Okaaaaaayyyyy.

I'll bet you on the opposite side if that fight goes down. Haye will be another one of those guys urinating in his corner before the fight. Haye was scared of Klitschko. Joshua is scarier than old Klitschko. Joshua for sure beats Haye.

I don't think we can make a true comparison to Joshua being superior to Bruno until he actually fights his first world class fighter or anytime soon in reality. Bruno fought numerous world class fighters in his career & without looking at his resume I suspect he was up vs them or breakeven-ish so its no insult to be compared to Bruno.

And my main point wasn't to compare every aspect of Bruno & Tyson to Joshua it was the point of him either KOing his opponent or gassing out just like Tyson & Bruno did vs most of their opponents. When Joshua's career is over there is no doubt in my mind his record will be filled with W's that went more or less like his career has gone so far & 5 or 6 L's that'll look like most of Bruno's & Tyson's L's in that they were late round KO's where they largely gassed out or gave up mentally or physically from being in a competitive or losing fight.

And he can be a gym rat all he wants. All those muscles need oxygen & it'll wear him down as he gets deep in a competitive fight. If a fight isn't competitive like all his fights except one have been its a non-issue, but that just isn't always going to be the case.
    Bruno was slow as hell ,he didn't train remotely like Joshua who does explosive boxing movements unlike just lifting weights and over doing supplements which probably also was the poor stamina issues of Bruno . Joshua is by far the better talent who is much harder also to land a clear punch on with his pick off style and is always slipping /dodging / /dips behind his shoulder to aviod or deflect shots and positioning foot work to make whatever distance he needs to land whatever punch he is setting up. How ppl cant see this is a mystery ?
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-17-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Bruno was slow as hell ,he didn't train remotely like Joshua who does explosive boxing movements unlike just lifting weights and over doing supplements which probably also was the poor stamina issues of Bruno . Joshua is by far the better talent who is much harder also to land a clear punch on with his pick off style and is always slipping /dodging / /dips behind his shoulder to aviod or deflect shots and positioning foot work to make whatever distance he needs to land whatever punch he is setting up. How ppl cant see this is a mystery ?
      I don't understand how people can't see that making a comparison isn't like saying the two things you are comparing are exact twins & the same in every way.

Comparisons are highly misunderstood apparently by the people critical of comparisons on this site. You could make a comparison on this forum about Gatti & Corrales both fighting balls to the wall & dying in odd & unfortunate ways & someone would be all like "thats dumb, Diego wasn't Italian-Canadian".

Comment

Well Breazeale wasn't fighting, he was surviving. Thats the thing with that fight. Whyte actually had Joshua in his first fight. Lets not like Breazeale did the same. He talked well, like Martin, but didn't show up for the fight. And thats a testament to Joshua's intimidation with his build + power + perfect record so far.

See this is the stuff I keep talking about. Without breaking a sweat he'll beat Bermane, Parker, Fury & Wilder? Okaaaaaayyyyy.

I'll bet you on the opposite side if that fight goes down. Haye will be another one of those guys urinating in his corner before the fight. Haye was scared of Klitschko. Joshua is scarier than old Klitschko. Joshua for sure beats Haye.

I don't think we can make a true comparison to Joshua being superior to Bruno until he actually fights his first world class fighter or anytime soon in reality. Bruno fought numerous world class fighters in his career & without looking at his resume I suspect he was up vs them or breakeven-ish so its no insult to be compared to Bruno.

And my main point wasn't to compare every aspect of Bruno & Tyson to Joshua it was the point of him either KOing his opponent or gassing out just like Tyson & Bruno did vs most of their opponents. When Joshua's career is over there is no doubt in my mind his record will be filled with W's that went more or less like his career has gone so far & 5 or 6 L's that'll look like most of Bruno's & Tyson's L's in that they were late round KO's where they largely gassed out or gave up mentally or physically from being in a competitive or losing fight.

And he can be a gym rat all he wants. All those muscles need oxygen & it'll wear him down as he gets deep in a competitive fight. If a fight isn't competitive like all his fights except one have been its a non-issue, but that just isn't always going to be the case.
        Yeah but Joshua even in his last two fights showed patience and never came out winging like a Mike Tyson ...he took his time and when the opportunity came he counterpunched Martin and the fight ended and that's not by the fault of Joshua ...he simply caught him and finished him......ur only good as your opponents let you be and from what I see joshau takes care of opponents and ends the fight and that's what most boxers would prefer to do...don't be fooled by fighters going twelve rounds...they go 12 rounds because they can't stop there opponent not because they want to fight for 12 rounds...we don't know if Joshua can go 12 rounds this true but we also don't know if fury would be able to take sustained blows from Joshua ...Tyson fury is not a reincarnation of a Muhammad Ali or a pernell Whitaker ...he's gets hit on the chin and he go's over and that been proven quite a few times in the past....I hope this fight will take place next year but we don't even know what's gonna happen to fury with all that's going about now......it will almost be a year before Tyson steps in the ring again and there's a good possibility he won't even be allowed to fight...we will see

Comment

I don't understand how people can't see that making a comparison isn't like saying the two things you are comparing are exact twins & the same in every way.

Comparisons are highly misunderstood apparently by the people critical of comparisons on this site. You could make a comparison on this forum about Gatti & Corrales both fighting balls to the wall & dying in odd & unfortunate ways & someone would be all like "thats dumb, Diego wasn't Italian-Canadian".
          Yeah but in the world I live if you are comparing a fighter to another fighter your saying he fights like them......your all over the show pandas.....Joshua is nothing like Bruno and he's certainly not the same kind of style Tyson was so I don't get what our trying to say......now your sitting at your computer trying to state a proffessinal boxer who lives and dies in the gym...who trains 7 days a week, who has many many rounds of sparring in the gym with various other heavyweights and is trained by world class trainers and yet they haven't picked up that Joshua will gas but a keyboard expert like yourself is saying Joshua is gonna gas because he has muscles .....you talk some **** sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
            Yeah but in the world I live if you are comparing a fighter to another fighter your saying he fights like them.
            I directly said "And my main point wasn't to compare every aspect of Bruno & Tyson to Joshua it was the point of him either KOing his opponent or gassing out just like Tyson & Bruno did vs most of their opponents." I couldn't make it any simpler & said that line or a line like it each time I made the comparison, but I suppose you gotta try harder to make some of the momos here understand clearly defined ****.

Comment

He just isn't ready period. Fury is too crafty at this point and Haye is just too quick, too experienced and has punching power to stop Joshua mid-rounds. Joshua needs another 3/4 fights before he faces Fury, he just needs to stay away from Haye for the next 4/5 years lol.

Comment

I directly said "And my main point wasn't to compare every aspect of Bruno & Tyson to Joshua it was the point of him either KOing his opponent or gassing out just like Tyson & Bruno did vs most of their opponents." I couldn't make it any simpler & said that line or a line like it each time I made the comparison, but I suppose you gotta try harder to make some of the momos here understand clearly defined ****.
                But Joshua hasn't gassed out in any of his fights and your comparing him to those that have shown to gas out...that makes sense doesn't it lol....what f@ckin planet are you on pandas

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  He just isn't ready period. Fury is too crafty at this point and Haye is just too quick, too experienced and has punching power to stop Joshua mid-rounds. Joshua needs another 3/4 fights before he faces Fury, he just needs to stay away from Haye for the next 4/5 years lol.
                  Don't talk rubbish

Comment

The only comparable things Joshua and Bruno have are two things ,size and heavy hands thats where it ends .

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                      But Joshua hasn't gassed out in any of his fights and your comparing him to those that have shown to gas out...that makes sense doesn't it lol....what f@ckin planet are you on pandas
                      Obviously he's not been stopped lol. I'm comparing their builds. These heavily muscled guys in boxing ALWAYS gas. Its not so much a prediction as seeing a Hummer & knowing it doesn't get the best gas millage.

Comment

Working...
                      X