No announcement yet.

Hughie Fury Snr passes away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughie Fury Snr passes away

So, Hughie Fury snr, the former trainer of Tyson Fury and brother of Fury's current trainer, Peter Fury has passed away due to an illness.

This was the reason Tyson dropped out of his scheduled fight with Ustinov on the day before the fight.

Rest in peace.

R.I.P. To Hughie Fury SR.

Comment

Very terrible news. I was wondering what young Hughie Fury was up to of late.

Sad to hear what has happened. Prayers go out to the Fury family.

Comment

Yeah in one of those rare moments I think I'm gonna have to go ahead there and agree with Bieber on this one...

I always thought Fury would not shaft the public for no good reason or ever wimp out of a fight. It's not really in his character.

Certainly better than any other excuse I had ever heard of previously.

RIP Fury Snr and all the best to the family.

And really, good on Fury for making the decision to put his family first.

Comment

RIP, thoughts with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            Yeah in one of those rare moments I think I'm gonna have to go ahead there and agree with Bieber on this one...

I always thought Fury would not shaft the public for no good reason or ever wimp out of a fight. It's not really in his character.

Certainly better than any other excuse I had ever heard of previously.

RIP Fury Snr and all the best to the family.

And really, good on Fury for making the decision to put his family first.
            This. I'm a pretty big Fury fan, but I gave him some grief for looking like a hypocrite. Now I see why, and understand. But I can say the same for Chizzy, since I have no reason to believe he would drop out of a fight if there wasn't any way he could fight on. David Haye on the other hand? I remain very skeptical that he ever was serious about fighting Fury, and never wanted anything to do with this beast known as Fury.

Also, pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Fury family a traveling family, aka Gypsies (don't mean that in a racist way)? And aren't their families like super close? Even third, and fourth cousins are like brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers. So a guy's uncle must be really close - especially one heavily involved in boxing and Tyson's career.

RIP Hughie Fury Sr., and may your memory live on in fighting spirit through Hughie, and Tyson.
            Last edited by Rostov Papa; 10-13-2014, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I did say sources close to the Furys told me a few months back that it was an actual legitimate occurrence.

I know Tyson talks some crap but at times like these people should lay off him.

RIP Mr Fury

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
                This. I'm a pretty big Fury fan, but I gave him some grief for looking like a hypocrite. Now I see why, and understand. But I can say the same for Chizzy, since I have no reason to believe he would drop out of a fight if there wasn't any way he could fight on. David Haye on the other hand? I remain very skeptical that he ever was serious about fighting Fury, and never wanted anything to do with this beast known as Fury.

Also, pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Fury family a traveling family, aka Gypsies (don't mean that in a racist way)? And aren't their families like super close? Even third, and fourth cousins are like brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers. So a guy's uncle must be really close - especially one heavily involved in boxing and Tyson's career.

RIP Hughie Fury Sr., and may your memory live on in fighting spirit through Hughie, and Tyson.
                I believe that'd likely be the case regarding the Fury's family. I really hope they pull through this tough time.

Yes your right about Chisora too, there's no reason to really doubt the guy too harshly since he has already endured much grief in his career and continued to seek and challenge the toppest fighters in the division and always come to fight each time.

Haye on the other hand, deserves such suspicion. You would be disturbed to learn that I think Haye would easily beat Fury and believe he simply had trouble. But I guess it's the boy who cried wolf story and given his less than admirable record now since fighting Wladimir, I can understand TOTALLY the criticism there.

I guess the real lesson here for fans is to not be too quick to judge the top pros too quickly before checking the facts first, but then again who isn't guilty of that on occasion.

Comment

R.I.P Hughie Fury Snr and my condolences to his family.

Comment

The Fury's are a great boxing family and great for boxing. They bring excellent out of ring performances as well as legitimate real threat in the ring that benefits the industry on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                    X