Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is having a education overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a college degree and a good paying job but i am more impressed with street smart people who has their own business.

blue collar job < white collar job < business owner

Comment

It all depends on what you want to do (job-wise)

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
        It's crazy cause I knew this lady who worked at Walmart and she had her masters degree in Psychology and another degree in criminal justice, but she couldnt find a job in her field so she works in the produce section.
        college education is serious business. you will owe tens of thousand of dollars after graduation specially in the US better make damn sure you get degree where you will get a job. usually medical, accounting, engineering fields

Comment

It's crazy cause I knew this lady who worked at Walmart and she had her masters degree in Psychology and another degree in criminal justice, but she couldnt find a job in her field so she works in the produce section.
          i knew a man who graduated with a masters degree in electrical engineering, he graduated with the highest grades in his class of 500 but ended up working as a janitor at a private girls school because he loved to find their panties and collect them so he could sniff them.

it also isn't easy to get those high paying jobs we need expensive student loans for, it takes more than an education to get a job, you need the right connections, references, previous experience. if you get out of school and all the jobs you can apply for need at least 5 years experience + plus the $100,000 degree you went in debt for, you're ****ed

Comment

Having an education is helpful but it's not use if you don't have a plan. If you get a masters without a plan of what you're going to do with it you're like a guy who is hoping he can join the NBA because he's tall.

Comment

Being educated is good for your well-being. Stupid uneducated people come of as very naive, when it's just that they genuinely are not educated.

Now if you mean an education as in school, I guess it looks good on a resume, if you lack other important things, like experience or some shit.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Having an education is helpful but it's not use if you don't have a plan. If you get a masters without a plan of what you're going to do with it you're like a guy who is hoping he can join the NBA because he's tall.
                That's true. That's why internships and prior experience in your field is very helpful. Voluntary work, etc.

Comment

Yeah if you are talking about degrees I will say they are a waste, you are better off learning a skill and going into business yourself or using your own personal qualities to make connections because ppl often get places based on who they know not what they know.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Being educated is good for your well-being. Stupid uneducated people come of as very naive, when it's just that they genuinely are not educated.
                    Now if you mean an education as in school, I guess it looks good on a resume, if you lack other important things, like experience or some shit.
                    No most people are just dumb. Educated or not a person of low intelligence comes across as such.

Comment

If you're speaking on an education, as in school-related diplomas and titles then... yes.

If we're talking about being educated, as in being intelligent... no. Depending on what you learn about and your persistence on learning and/or taking action is what determines what you can achieve.

Comment

Working...
                      X