No announcement yet.

165? 175?... Where should I be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 165? 175?... Where should I be?

I can make 165 but am often drained after making it.. still been winning but yea I sparred some good guys in thart weight class yesterday and they are faster than me but once I touched them it was basically over then.

Sparred some guys at 178 but I was faster than them and my power was just as good and BETTER and they were much slower and I could hit them more.

Of course fighting the smaller guys its easier for me to get the possible KO and less for them.. but the speed bothers me a lil..

178 just seemed like I was too quick and strong..

What do you guys think? My trainer would like me at 178 and says my chin is good enough.. but that I could just keep training and make whatever and see where it takes me, but that i would probably be best and get even stronger staying at 178 and he will wait and see. If i really chill I go to 190.

To make 178 i can just train regular and eat whatever I want and still be 178... To make 165 I have to diet and lose water weight...

What weight class should I be YOU think.

Basically... Size and Much power, less speed?

OR

Power More speed and still sorta big for 175.

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
    I can make 165 but am often drained after making it.. still been winning but yea I sparred some good guys in thart weight class yesterday and they are faster than me but once I touched them it was basically over then.

Sparred some guys at 178 but I was faster than them and my power was just as good and BETTER and they were much slower and I could hit them more.

Of course fighting the smaller guys its easier for me to get the possible KO and less for them.. but the speed bothers me a lil..

What do you guys think? My trainer would like me at 178 and says my chin is good enough.. but that I could just keep training and make whatever and see where it takes me, but that i would probably be best and get even stronger staying at 178 and he will wait and see. If i really chill I go to 190.

To make 178 i can just train regular and eat whatever I want and still be 178... To make 165 I have to diet and lose water weight...

OR

how tall r u?

Comment

Originally posted by Fidayeen View Post
      how tall r u?
      6,0 -6,1 .... always something like that.

Comment

6,0 -6,1 .... always something like that.
        If you can fight at 165 comfortably then fight there, but if there is any doubt then just move up to 175.

Comment

Well you say at 178 your are too quick and strong.

And at 165 you worry a bit about speed, and draining to get there.

Seems like an easy call to me.

Comment

i usally say fight at you lowest weight you can make...

but, if you feel corfortable at 178 then i say do it....no harm done if you can fight good at the weight right? you should try it before you go pro to see what its like....

Comment

OR

Yeah man this seems like a pretty common sense choice to me. I'd say go with 175. You didn't list one con to fighting at 175 where at 165 you have to drain yourself and you worry about speed. I don't think there is much to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
                Well you say at 178 your are too quick and strong.

And at 165 you worry a bit about speed, and draining to get there.

Seems like an easy call to me.
                Originally posted by Migs View Post
                Yeah man this seems like a pretty common sense choice to me. I'd say go with 175. You didn't list one con to fighting at 175 where at 165 you have to drain yourself and you worry about speed. I don't think there is much to think about.
                one con for 175... they could have close to or the same power as me.

at 165 they are just faster.. moving a lil quicker too.. and throw more punches actually. But i could get the ko and hurt them with less power than it takes for 175.

Comment

ok... guess i was just used to being the VERY bigger guy all the time.

Comment

You say you have a better chance of scoring a KO at 165, but have you had an KO's in any of your fights thus far? If you have, then maybe consider going down to 165. If you haven't, then I would definitely stick to 175, as KOs are fairly uncommon in AM boxing as it is.

The decision is ultimately yours since you know your body better than anyone here ever will.

Comment

Working...
                    X