Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groves: Booth dropped me via text message

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad he fcuked up his style too much.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I heard that Booth was unhappy with Groves' workrate, and he was getting to big-headed and wasn't listening like he used to.

It had nothing to do with Money, Booth is still Groves' manager.
      Why would Groves's work-rate be lacking ahead of the biggest bout of his life?

Imo this will probably be down Booth protecting his reputation or his pocket.

Comment

Groves doesn't have a great workrate but nor does David Haye. I thought Booth was a good trainer and having coached Groves for so long and instilling his own style in him, a split would be detrimental.

I think the style has flaws and is heavily reliant on athleticism, Groves definitely needs improvement in defence. Not sure on his new trainer's training methods either, possibly retain his current style with minor tweaks. Couldn't see him beating Froch either way but it's a big change before a big fight, would like to see him Stateside training.

Comment

booth didnt want to take the fight

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
            Why would Groves's work-rate be lacking ahead of the biggest bout of his life?

Imo this will probably be down Booth protecting his reputation or his pocket.
            I have my sources, and that's what I'm hearing. But Booth is not happy to talk too much about it, so almost everything is speculation at this point. I have also heard that Booth is confident, still, that Groves will do Froch.

But apparently Groves just wasn't listening as much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
              booth didnt want to take the fight
              Not true. Booth wanted the Froch fight.

Comment

Working...
              X