No announcement yet.

Wilder should fight the winner of Mitchell vs Banks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically Banks vs Wilder?

Too bad it won't happen, they are carefully sculpting Wilder to be their next hypejob.

Comment

Yup Wilder needs to step it up

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Fighting bums probably doesn't help him improve but maybe you can explain how getting knocked out inside of 2 rounds by Mitchell or Banks would help his career progression?

Wilder isn't even close to being ready for Top-15 Heavyweights. Period. His team knows it too so if you are expecting him to fight a Mitchell, Banks or Jennings in his next fight you can dream on.
        I'm not sayin that he should fight a top 15 guy. But he sure as hell shouldn't be fighting cans like Greer at this point in his career. He should be fighting second -third tier guys like Grano, Maddalone, Gavern, Guinn, Pajkic, Hamer, et al. He's ready for this level of competition and would benefit from the better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I'm not sayin that he should fight a top 15 guy. But he sure as hell shouldn't be fighting cans like Greer at this point in his career. He should be fighting second -third tier guys like Grano, Maddalone, Gavern, Guinn, Pajkic, Hamer, et al. He's ready for this level of competition and would benefit from the better competition.

All of this.

Look at Fury and Price. They have had less fights, but have already faced the likes of Maddalone, Pajkic, Skelton. Guys who aren't afraid to come forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

I agree he should be. I thought the Price fight was a step in the right direction and I won't hold the Greer fight against him because it was done on such short notice.

You can blame them for fighting guys like Greer but let's remember it took about 40 fights before JCC Jr. took on a real opponent and he was a flawed fighter with a lack of amateur experience just like Wilder is now. It turned out they brought him up perfectly as he would have been destroyed by guys like Martinez had he fought him even 1 year earlier.

Comment

Working...
            X