• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many catchweight fights has pac had

in his career.....

in his 57 fight career

how many been catchweight fights..??

how many have been title catchweight fight..??

and do you accept catchweights as legitimate wins??

2 if I'm not mistaken, They don't bother me really, especially since all the titles are meaningless, Cotto fight was only one pound difference from his last fight and the Margarito fight would've still been a sham at 154, JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      2 if I'm not mistaken, They don't bother me really, especially since all the titles are meaningless, Cotto fight was only one pound difference from his last fight and the Margarito fight would've still been a sham at 154, JMO.
      ony 2 fights were cathweights, just titles, or overall...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
        ony 2 fights were cathweights, just titles, or overall...
        I thought Cotto and Margs were the only ones, overall? The Oscar fight was at full welter limit its just that Oscar came in under weight.

Comment

Two. Cotto and Margarito. Both were title fights. Cotto was 146 and Margarito was 151. You can count Oscar because it was Oscar who challenged Manny and he agreed to meet Manny half way. Oscar came down two weight classes and Manny came up two weight classes. And yes they should count because both parties agreed to it. No one force no one hand in this. Okay so Bhop win over Pavlick should be erased. Should Danny Green win over Roy Jones be erased. What about Ray Leonard? It's like this. If the fighters who agree to these stipulations have no problem with it then why should the fans have a problem with it? Obviously they feel like they can make the weight so just ease up relax and enjoy the show instead of trying to tear down somebody's already hall of fame career.

Comment

How about Mayweather fighting Marquez at a catchweight and not even bothering to abide by it coming in over the limit?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              How about Mayweather fighting Marquez at a catchweight and not even bothering to abide by it coming in over the limit?

Poet
              That was disgraceful....smh.

Comment

Originally posted by GF of Boxing View Post
                Two. Cotto and Margarito. Both were title fights. Cotto was 146 and Margarito was 151. You can count Oscar because it was Oscar who challenged Manny and he agreed to meet Manny half way. Oscar came down two weight classes and Manny came up two weight classes. And yes they should count because both parties agreed to it. No one force no one hand in this. Okay so Bhop win over Pavlick should be erased. Should Danny Green win over Roy Jones be erased. What about Ray Leonard? It's like this. If the fighters who agree to these stipulations have no problem with it then why should the fans have a problem with it? Obviously they feel like they can make the weight so just ease up relax and enjoy the show instead of trying to tear down somebody's already hall of fame career.
                i am going to use your beautiful post in another thread..

Comment

Torrecampo was a catchweight fight. One in which Pacqiauo came in over the agreed weight limit.

Just like Mayweather did with Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Torrecampo was a catchweight fight. One in which Pacqiauo came in over the agreed weight limit.

Just like Mayweather did with Marquez.
                    Oh yeah **** I forgot, he already lost the title on the scales.

Comment

Working...
                    X