Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last time Floyd faced 1 punch KO power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saul Alvarez
    Victor Ortiz
    Shane Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
      When is the last time we've seen a one punch KO guy in the welters? A guy that at any moment can get you out of there with one punch!
      its rare and the closest thing around welter is actually 7 miles south at 140 with lucas matthysse. no doubt he packs 1 punch KO power as he has stopped several guys for the first time in their careers that were solid pros like ajose, soto, and peterson. thurman is knocking everyone out not named zaveck and if he were able to get some devastating stoppages against some name guys he has the potential to be in the conversation. I can't see Maidana completely rendering Floyd unconcious with a shot which is what he would need to win. He is capable of hurting Floyd though if one of those big shots happens to land. Here is a fun stat
      KO Ratio:
      Marcos Maidana 81%
      Miguel Cotto 73%
      Saul Alvarez 68%
      Shane Mosley 67%
      ODLH 66%
      Victor Ortiz 61%

So it seems the arguements Canelo & Shane are bigger punchers than Ortiz have some merit. Still can't argue with the numbers Maidana has the highest KO ratio of any recent Floyd opponents

Comment

Lol at people making out like Maidana is Julian Jackson. He caught Khan flush and could not drop him. His power is not bad, but it is not good enough to be a factor against Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
          When is the last time we've seen a one punch KO guy in the welters? A guy that at any moment can get you out of there with one punch!
          mosley, tito and odlh could all get you out of there w/ one shot.

Comment

the answer to this thread question is the answer to this question:

Has floyd faced a bona fide hall of famer in their prime?

Answer: HELL NO.

btw, lol at the canleo mosley answers. neither of those guys have real one punch ko power.

stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              you could argue that Mosley punches harder. You could also argue that Canelo is a harder puncher when you factor in the size and weight advantage
              Maidana isn't 39 years old and Canelo isn't that big of a puncher... I believe Josesito Lopez said that Maidana hits harder than Canelo.

Comment

Yes, Maidana can crack. No, it's not the type of power that Mayweather has never faced before. Chino isn't some Jackson/Hearns type punching monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Yes, Maidana can crack. No, it's not the type of power that Mayweather has never faced before. Chino isn't some Jackson/Hearns type punching monster.
                  he certainly isn't but he still packs a bigger punch than floyd's recent opposition

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                    he certainly isn't but he still packs a bigger punch than floyd's recent opposition
                    Maybe. You asked whens the last time Mayweather faced somebody with fight ending KO power. The gif I posted shows that his last opponent has ended a fight with a single shot. Maidanas power advantage, if he does even have one over Canelo, is not enough to make much of a difference, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                      Maidana isn't 39 years old and Canelo isn't that big of a puncher... I believe Josesito Lopez said that Maidana hits harder than Canelo.
                      power is the last thing to go and in his previous fight he just KTFO of the so called baddest man on the planet in Margarito. Again, I dont think Canelo is P4P harder then Maidana but if you factor in the size then you could easily argue that Floyd has more of a chance of being hurt by Canelo than he would Maidana. I think Floyd would fear Canelo's power & strength more

Comment

Working...
                      X