No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto's Coach Says Big Bear Training Was Beneficial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto's Coach Says Big Bear Training Was Beneficial

Former three division champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) made a few adjustments during his training camp for the upcoming fight with WBA "regular" 154-pound champion Austin Trout (25-0, 14KOs). Cotto will challenge Trout for the title on December 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Cotto is in the final stage of his training camp. He started in Puerto Rico and then for the first time in his career he spent a few weeks at the high altitude location of Big Bear, California. Cotto is now training in Orlando, Florida. Trainer Pedro Diaz says the experience of training at Big Bear was very beneficial for Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait to see the results in the ring

Comment

should be a better cotto at least Im hoping.

Train like a Mexican so you should be ready for whatever.

Comment

I wonder why they wouldn't train there in the future. I'm guessing Miguel is not a fan of the Big Bear training method.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          I wonder why they wouldn't train there in the future. I'm guessing Miguel is not a fan of the Big Bear training method.
          Cause hard work aint in his diet, their a reason he gas ever tough fight.

Comment

Any word on whether they went through with acquiring GGG for sparring?

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
              Any word on whether they went through with acquiring GGG for sparring?
              GGG was not able to spar with Cotto because he was in Big Bear only for. 3-4 days business trip. There is a video out there where GGG trainer is saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlostx View Post
                GGG was not able to spar with Cotto because he was in Big Bear only for. 3-4 days business trip. There is a video out there where GGG trainer is saying that.
                Abel didn't want to take a chance that Golovkin would hurt Cotto.

Comment

Can't wait to see the results on December 1st... War Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    Diaz said that he does not know if it is in the future that they will go there again, not that they won't go there again.

Cotto appears to be someone that puts a lot of emphasis on comfort (the immediacy of his family, friends, and familiarity of his surroundings having a strong impact on his comfort). Cotto is the kid in summer camp that is the first one cry because he misses his mommy (except he has a killer left hook).

Comment

Working...
                    X