Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking Floyd/Pac to fight Sergio is like asking Sergio to fight Hopkins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    No he doesn't. Pac no longer has a belt at 154 (Canelo has that belt now) and pac no longer campaigns at 154. I don't know why it's hard for people to understand it was a one time thing for historical reasons. Maybe you same people expected Roy Jones to continue on at heavyweight and fight lennox lewis and klitschko just because he beat ruiz.
    of course pacman doesnt campaign at 154 anymore once he saw martinez wanted some of him lol

Comment

Just because they both fought at jmw 1 time don't mean they ate jmw. Sergio been fighting at me for almost 2 years. Both p will fights was at mw, pavlik and sergy.

How the f-ck could you compare a Floyd who fought a partime fighter in Hoya and PAC who fought a past his prime margarito.

Like are you mothaf-ckas serious. If this the case Floyd and manny gets full credit for fighting jmm at ww. I mean it's only right? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
        of course pacman doesnt campaign at 154 anymore once he saw martinez wanted some of him lol
        or almost anyone at 154, james kirkland, etc. they would all be giants compared to him. it's crazy to think or demand pac to fight at junior middleweight

Comment

You people are all being very stupid about this. Sergio is a big, fast, strong middleweight. Expecting Mayweather and Pacquiao to fight him is pure hatred towards them. Pacquiao having a joke title at 154 in no way means he should fight the middleweight champion, and Mayweather beating a part time fighting Oscar to win a belt 5 years ago doesn't mean he should either.

Stop being pricks about Mayweather and Pacquiao and look at it realistically.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Floyd Mayweather:

WBC light middleweight title

Manny Pacquiao:

vacant WBC light middleweight title (supervisor: Jose Sulaiman)

Sergio Martinez:

2009-02-14 153¼ Kermit Cintron 154 30-2-0

BankAtlantic Center, Sunrise, Florida, United States D MD 12 12
            interim WBC light middleweight title
            Ridiculous. If Pac beat Sergio you'd claim he's a natural MW and ducking Ward.

Fighting at JMW one time =/= being a JMW

Pac's natural weight class is LW, Mayweather is a natural WW. These are facts of nature, belts only make you heavier when you wear them.

Comment

well, Martinez is willing to go to 154lbs to fight Manny.

so that would be like Hopkins going to 168lbs to fight Martinez.

...and you have a problem with that matchup? I think it would be very good and worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                well, Martinez is willing to go to 154lbs to fight Manny.

so that would be like Hopkins going to 168lbs to fight Martinez.

...and you have a problem with that matchup? I think it would be very good and worth watching.
                The comparison in this thread doesn't work at all. Sergio is most likely capable of fighting at 168, as he started at 147 and despite his age is in his prime and still capable of moving up. Pacquiao and Mayweather are both at the end of their ability to climb the weights. They have both fought at 154, and we know they both are not able to stay there and fight because they are both too small. Maybe Mayweather has grown enough to fight there without issue, but I doubt it.

It's lose lose for everyone involved. If Martinez beats either, well he should he's bigger, stronger, faster, and a natural at the weight. Pacquiao or Mayweather losing leads to morons calling them bums or overrated because they can't beat a guy bigger, stronger, faster, and a natural at the weight.

It's absolutely ridiculous to expect them to fight Martinez. If they did, they would deserve incredible credit just for doing so, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Swazye510 View Post
                  I think its a fair assessment. 2 division difference

Seriously I dont think people have the right to ask people to move up when they are at their natural weight. Its okay if you can see someone like donaire starving himself up to make the weight or obviously look much bigger in that division. But asking them to fight and move out of their division is just not right.

Its a duck when you obviously are on the same division and you guys wont fight each other.

Imagine doing this to any fighter their you like. I understand why Sergio wants the fight he wants to fight the best and wants the ultimate prize $$$$

That is all
                  Martinez was at 154 for so long so why people going ape **** about him calling out Floyd or Manny?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    The comparison in this thread doesn't work at all. Sergio is most likely capable of fighting at 168, as he started at 147 and despite his age is in his prime and still capable of moving up. Pacquiao and Mayweather are both at the end of their ability to climb the weights. They have both fought at 154, and we know they both are not able to stay there and fight because they are both too small. Maybe Mayweather has grown enough to fight there without issue, but I doubt it.

It's lose lose for everyone involved. If Martinez beats either, well he should he's bigger, stronger, faster, and a natural at the weight. Pacquiao or Mayweather losing leads to morons calling them bums or overrated because they can't beat a guy bigger, stronger, faster, and a natural at the weight.

It's absolutely ridiculous to expect them to fight Martinez. If they did, they would deserve incredible credit just for doing so, win or lose.
                    um, its win win for boxing fans, because they get to see two of the best fighters in the sport duke it out.
                    and Martinez certainly isnt going to complain. he would get a lot of publicity and $$$, and it would help his legacy anyway regardless of the fact that he was 'supposed to win'.

I dont give a **** about how people look at Pacquiao's legacy. If he loses, oh well, he took a risk and it didnt pay off, he wasnt supposed to win anyway so who cares. he wins and holy **** hes added to his legacy.

the only people that dont want Pac-Martinez to happen are people that dont want to see Pacquiao lose, flat out. **** that, I want to see a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                      um, its win win for boxing fans, because they get to see two of the best fighters in the sport duke it out.
                      and Martinez certainly isnt going to complain. he would get a lot of publicity and $$$, and it would help his legacy anyway regardless of the fact that he was 'supposed to win'.

I dont give a **** about how people look at Pacquiao's legacy. If he loses, oh well, he took a risk and it didnt pay off, he wasnt supposed to win anyway so who cares. he wins and holy **** hes added to his legacy.

the only people that dont want Pac-Martinez to happen are people that dont want to see Pacquiao lose, flat out. **** that, I want to see a good fight.
                      That's fine, I'm not saying I don't want to see it, I would be ecstatic if it's made, but 90% of the people on this site are acting like Pacquiao is ducking Martinez. Really? That's like saying Donaire is ducking Juan Manuel Lopez or Marquez is ducking Berto.
                      Last edited by bojangles1987; 03-13-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X