Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza Reacts: Roach Can't Fire Me, I Don't Work For Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ariza Reacts: Roach Can't Fire Me, I Don't Work For Him!

Manny Pacquiao’s strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza has clarified reports that trainer Freddie Roach has fired him, insisting that Roach can’t fire someone who doesn’t work for him.

Boxingscene.com reported it was Pacquiao who made the statement during an ESPN show on Monday in answer to a listener’s question whether he would work with Ariza for his Nov. 24 Macau showdown with Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios. Pacquiao answered ,” No, Freddie fired Alex.”

In an overseas telephone conversation with BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard from Mexico where he is working with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr mwho is getting ready for a super middleweight fight against Brian Vera on September 7. [Click Here To Read More]

But how can you train someone if you cant go into their gym?

Comment

Roach is a freakin jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        But how can you train someone if you cant go into their gym?
        Pac isnt training in LA for this fight.. Ariza has to fly out to Pacs hood and condition him

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
          Pac isnt training in LA for this fight.. Ariza has to fly out to Pacs hood and condition him
          At all? I forgot he's fighting in Macau

Comment

If Roach says you're gone... you're gone

Comment

Pac doesn't need Roach anymore. Pac needs a new trainer. Roach wants ko's. Pac is older now. You have to grow old with the fighter, not act like he's still 22.

Comment

Roach's ship has sunk. Rios is the perfect mark to unvail yet another version of the "new and improved" Manny. And Roach doesn't want anyone stealing his thunder for all the drastic "improvement" we'll see from Pac in Nov.

Comment

Pac to nice a guy, so I guess he's letting roach fire Ariza...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Pac doesn't need Roach anymore. Pac needs a new trainer. Roach wants ko's. Pac is older now. You have to grow old with the fighter, not act like he's still 22.
                    Realist **** you ever said Frank.

Comment

Working...
                    X