No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs Dawson on October 15 is Reportedly Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs Dawson on October 15 is Reportedly Close

According to various reports, WBC light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins (52-5-2, 32 KOs) will defend his title against mandatory challenger Chad Dawson (30-1, 17 KOs) on the likely date of October 15 in a fight that is going to reportedly take place on HBO pay-per-view. Dawson, a former WBC/IBO champion, is one fight removed from his technical decision loss to Jean Pascal, who Hopkins fought to a disputed draw and then Hopkins made history by beating Pascal by decision to become the oldest champion in boxing history.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whoa PPV? You gotta be kidding me.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      Whoa PPV? You gotta be kidding me.
      Haha I was just thinking the same thing. Although I want to see this fight it shouldn't be on PPV. But like a sucka i'll buy it, haha.

Comment

Not paying for this fight.

Stream no doubt.

Comment

ppv wtf????PPv n four months straight?

Comment

Not sure why people wouldn't buy this as a PPV when these same people probably pay for some of the recent mismatches and cherry-picking.This is a good fight with the last remaining legend of our sport and a technically superb boxer.Very competitive fight,but Hopkins could be too crafty for Dawson...

Comment

This is not a ppv fight now. It was when Dawson still had his 0 after he beat Tarver the first time and Hopkins beating Pavlik. But someone didnt want the fight then, LOL

Comment

I think they're nuts for making this a ppv fight. Hopkins isn't a ppv draw and Dawson doesn't have many fans. They would have had better luck making Hopkins/Pascal 2 a ppv. Stylisticly people are not going to want to pay for this, largely because of the low work rate for both, especially that of Dawson.
                Last edited by Visceral; 06-25-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I may have to talk my dad into sharing it with me. And even though Hopkins has been exciting in three of his last four fights (The snooze fest one was with RJJ) his PPV stock has dropped since he fought that other boring ass fight with Winky. Lol.

I just don't see how this fight is gonna translate to PPV buys with the casual fan. PPV for this fight is so unnecessary. HBO's pockets can't be hurting that bad because we are only half way into the year.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                    Not sure why people wouldn't buy this as a PPV when these same people probably pay for some of the recent mismatches and cherry-picking.This is a good fight with the last remaining legend of our sport and a technically superb boxer.Very competitive fight,but Hopkins could be too crafty for Dawson...
                    You actually got a point. Even though this fight may look like a chess match, I still would buy this fight before I'd buy Mayweather-Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X