No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NYSAC Source: Magomed Was Thoroughly Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: NYSAC Source: Magomed Was Thoroughly Examined

Faced with accusations it mishandled the treatment of a fighter who now lies in a medically-induced coma, the New York State Athletic Commission has come out on the offensive and is now defending the way it tended to brain-damaged fighter Magomed Abdusalamov in his fight last Saturday at Madison Square Garden, insisting all protocol was followed.

The manager of Abdusalamov, Boris Grinberg has accused the NYSAC of quickly examining him, performing a cursory look following his decision loss to Mike Perez and sending him on his way.

“[The doctor] says, ‘Count one, two, three, four, five…’ and then he tells him to make sure he goes to the hospital tomorrow because his nose might be broken,” Grinberg told New York Magazine. “They give him no attention! No ambulance!” [Click Here To Read More]

There's 5 doctors and none of them sent him to the hospital?

Mago had a broken hand, nose, jaw and a very swollen face for taking 300+ brutal punches. How was he not required to go to the hospital for precautionary purposes, at least?

Comment

I don't think these people know what thorough means. You can argue that they did what was required of them, that they took all the steps that were reasonable, but to say they were thorough is a crock of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        I don't think these people know what thorough means. You can argue that they did what was required of them, that they took all the steps that were reasonable, but to say they were thorough is a crock of shit.
        Counting to 5 and asking him if he's ok isnt thorough?

Comment

I really blame his corner for not stopping the fight. Seeing the condition he was in and with a broken hand I don't why they were continually sending him out. I can't even re-watch the fight because now it looks like a beating and a fighter getting mis-handled.

On top of that with all those injuries nobody insisted in taking him to the hospital. If the NYASC failed in sending him to the hospital his management should had taken the the initiative. That is sad to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            There's 5 doctors and none of them sent him to the hospital?

Mago had a broken hand, nose, jaw and a very swollen face for taking 300+ brutal punches. How was he not required to go to the hospital for precautionary purposes, at least?
            They told him to go to the hospital to check for fractures in his face. He didn't complain about headache, he was fine enough to watch the main event, he didn't show any sign of brain damage. It's tempting to play the blame game but sometimes things like that happen and it's nobody's fault in particular. This is boxing, people get punched in the brain, that's the ultimate cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              They told him to go to the hospital to check for fractures in his face. He didn't complain about headache, he was fine enough to watch the main event, he didn't show any sign of brain damage. It's tempting to play the blame game but sometimes things like that happen and it's nobody's fault in particular. This is boxing, people get punched in the brain, that's the ultimate cause.
              They should have called an ambulance for him and taken him, the guys faces was all swollen and broken. They did it to pac after JMM 4 and I think to bradley after the pac fight as well.

By the sound of it i can be a doctor too. Tell the guy to count to 5, ask him if he his head hurts and if he says no, just leave him alone and recommend he gets his broken face checked out at the local hospital

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                They should have called an ambulance for him and taken him, the guys faces was all swollen and broken. They did it to pac after JMM 4 and I think to bradley after the pac fight as well.

By the sound of it i can be a doctor too. Tell the guy to count to 5, ask him if he his head hurts and if he says no, just leave him alone and recommend he gets his broken face checked out at the local hospital
                Different commissions but I think the procedure is to call an ambulance when a fighter shows possible signs of brain damage. Bradley said in the post fight interview that he felt like he had been concussed, we know that Pacquiao was concussed. That's different from a guy with a broken nose and a swollen face who doesn't complain about anything relating to brain damage. Should they have called an ambulance for Provodnikov after the Bradley fight?

Comment

I'm sorry but no. If you see someone get punched in the head repeatedly, you shouldn't wait around for them to complain of a headache, not when blows to the head often have a delayed reaction. It is not as though swelling is unknown for increasing in size and severity, and they're doctors so they really should have known better.

I don't like playing the blame game in tragic situations either, but in this scenario it is clear that certain individuals are at fault, and that those individuals are trying to distance absolve themselves of fault because they know a lawsuit is speeding their way.
                  Different commissions but I think the procedure is to call an ambulance when a fighter shows possible signs of brain damage. Bradley said in the post fight interview that he felt like he had been concussed, we know that Pacquiao was concussed. That's different from a guy with a broken nose and a swollen face who doesn't complain about anything relating to brain damage. Should they have called an ambulance for Provodnikov after the Bradley fight?
                  Um yes, to be honest I think all boxers should go to the hospital for a quick check up after a fight.
                  Last edited by FeFist; 11-10-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

He didn't just have a broken nose, he took 10 rounds, 300 punches worth of damage from a 235 pound heavyweight. The guy was not ok. The fact that their main form of ''thorough examination'' consists of a count to 5 and asking the guy if he's ok says everything. At what point will they take the guy to the hospital, when his eyes are rolling into the back of his head?

And i hope they rushed Bradley to the hospital after that fight, the guy was in terrible shape, i was worried for his health even coming into the JMM fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X