No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi would have had no chance of beating prime Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulie Malignaggi would have had no chance of beating prime Shane Mosley

Anybody else think it's kind of low for Paulie Malignaggi to be taking advantage of the current old, faded version of Shane Mosley?

A prime Shane Mosely was on PEDs.

That aside, I think its a good matchup for Mosely. He can't beat too many of the top guys out there, Paulie has a name, mosely has a name, paulie doesn't have much power so he's not too much of a risk of causing any serious damage to mosely.

Its one of the few named opponents mosely has a chance to beat. Also Shane needs money, divorce is expensive, especially in his case.

I think its a good fight, a boring as ****all fight, but a good matchup at this stage of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Anybody else think it's kind of low for Paulie Malignaggi to be taking advantage of the current old, faded version of Shane Mosley?
      From Dan Rafael's article on the subject:

"Shane came to see me in early December and said he wanted to come back for an opportunity to win a world title again, that he feels ready, that he feels he can beat Malignaggi and see if we could give him the opportunity," Schaefer told ESPN.com. "I looked in his eyes and told him he cannot make a lot of money and that a lot of people question whether he should fight. But I told him I will do what I can to give him the opportunity and that it would be up to him to prove that he has what it takes to be world champion again.

"I discussed the fight with the networks and Paulie and I felt Shane deserved the opportunity to fight for a world title again. He has accomplished so much and thrilled fight fans in so many fights, so I am happy to give him this opportunity."

I think it's a shit fight, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say "it's kind of low" for Malignaggi to take the bout. Shane asked for it; Schaefer and the networks liked the idea; I'm sure Paulie fell in line.

Comment

i might say it's opportunistic/low for the hard-punching Shane to come out of retirement and boil down to 147 again to pick on the naturally smaller, featherfisted man. but whatever. let them pick on each other. they're both about done.

Comment

And EVERYBODY thinks they can beat Paulie Malignaggi...

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
            And EVERYBODY thinks they can beat Paulie Malignaggi...
            right. that's why Vyacheslav Senchenko pulled that low move of bringing a faded Paulie over to the Ukraine to try to take advantage of him and put a nice name on his record and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Shane is going to easily beat Paulie.

It's part of GBP's plan. Alexander or Khan winning the title off Malignaggi is kind of empty, but winning the title off Shane Mosley will up their fame considerably.

Paulie is one of my favorites and had the balls to go to the Ukraine and take the title from Senchenko. Because of that, he's earned himself one decent payday but not much else. GBP is not looking to build on him but use him.

Schaefer knows what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Shane is going to easily beat Paulie.

It's part of GBP's plan. Alexander or Khan winning the title off Malignaggi is kind of empty, but winning the title off Shane Mosley will up their fame considerably.

Paulie is one of my favorites and had the balls to go to the Ukraine and take the title from Senchenko. Because of that, he's earned himself one decent payday but not much else. GBP is not looking to build on him but use him.

Schaefer knows what he's doing.

Comment

Honestly, even this version of Mosley will probably end up winning. Pauli sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    right. that's why Vyacheslav Senchenko pulled that low move of bringing a faded Paulie over to the Ukraine to try to take advantage of him and put a nice name on his record and stuff.
                    What a silly post.

No, Senchenko's promoter won the purse bid.

And Senchenko was the titleholder. Do you think Ukrainian fighters who hold a world title should always go to their challengers home country?

And Paulie is 3 years younger than Senchenko.

Comment

Working...
                    X