Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had a harder life? Growing up poor, or Growing up with a dysfunctional family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growin up in a ****ty family can really **** with you. Sure people have some troubles. Some are just worse then others and have greater effects..

I give Floyd some credit for being as good as guy as he is growing up like that. Doesnt do drugs, drink, or smoke. Never involved in criminal activity.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCIV6 View Post
      Growin up in a ****ty family can really **** with you. Sure people have some troubles. Some are just worse then others and have greater effects..

I give Floyd some credit for being as good as guy as he is growing up like that. Doesnt do drugs, drink, or smoke. Never involved in criminal activity.
      I grew up in a ****ed up household and I don't do drugs or drink. And Floyd doesn't drink at all? I think you might be incorrect about that but who knows... Personally, I think Alcohol taste like **** and probably why I don't get ****ed up like most ppl who do it every day. How do I know what **** taste like? Don't quote that...

Comment

harder to have a bad family there fcking everything.

Comment

Damn....didn't finish reading the whole thing before I voted...eh...take my vote back.

I think it depends. I know poor people that are happy and end up successful while Rich kids are hooked on drugs getting molested by drug dealers because they didn't have parents to raise them properly.

Pac actually is happy with his life and I wonder if he was really ever in deep **** with emotional issues like Floyd who basically didn't have parents and the only connection he had with his father was boxing. No childhood other than boxing and getting his ass beat from his dad. Floyd's foundation sucks...other than his boxing foundation, which has actually been good for him because look where he is. Yes, still messed up in some ways it seems emotionally but is Rich, has kids of his own who he treats better than he was treated and so on.

With Pac...he has a close relationship with his mother but other than that...not sure. The Pac crew will have to fill me in.

Floyd I don't think had to worry where the next meal was coming from (I think) while Pac probably did. Pac was poor...dirt poor.

All I'm saying is: Ask the Old Timers that went through the depression...Family is key more than anything. Poor sucks but if you have the right family, loving parents, it can make things a little easier. Especially in the long run when things are able to get better although kind of different with it being the US compared to the Philippines where Pac was from. Building your foundation guided by your parents (and others that support you) are valuable.

However, living in deep poverty like in some countries...eh...**** that. Rather have drug-addict parents and find my own way on the streets in the USA than in some seriously messed up places on this Earth.

But with Pac and Floyd....it depends and I would need more info.
          Positive and negatives in both.
          Last edited by Benny Leonard; 11-19-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

you can escape from being poor. you can never really escape from a dysfunctional family.

Comment

Didn't Floyd have both?

Comment

I chose growing up dysfunctional.

If you grow up poor, you can get a couple of dellars and change your existence. If you grow up in a drug environment, it is so much harder.

Even if you are rich and in a drug environment, it is really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post

Pac actually is happy with his life and I wonder if he was really ever in deep **** with emotional issues like Floyd who basically didn't have parents and the only connection he had with his father was boxing. No childhood other than boxing and getting his ass beat from his dad. Floyd's foundation sucks...other than his boxing foundation, which has actually been good for him because look where he is. Yes, still messed up in some ways it seems emotionally but is Rich, has kids of his own who he treats better than he was treated and so on.

Ya know, I don't give Floyd enough credit for that. His parents were terrible examples. And by every (outwardly) visible measure, Floyd is a loving parent who is close to his kids.

Most of the people who had messed up parents are A) messed up in the head, and B) bad parents themselves now

Floyd is "A", but thankfully, not "B".

Comment

Working...
                  X