Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: I’d Love to See Mayweather vs. Shawn Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter vs Bradley would be fight of the year. Floyd would just box his ears off I'm not trying to see that BS, the only opponent Floyd should face is Pacquiao, after that retire he has nothing more to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      People need to cut the bullshhhh...now Porter should fight Thurman? Really people...really...we all know that ain't happening. Funny though, Porter has beaten two better ranked and resumed fighters than Guerrero did to fight Floyd, He's beaten two better opponents than Ortiz did but he should go fight Thurman. We all know they ain't putting in Thurman with Porter. Why? Cause that's not how GBP does things...they'll save that fight for later on..what's the point in thurman or porter losing to each other? None at all. If you are a Thurman fan then yes it's a fight that'll perhaps finally get him over the star hump but again let's be real it ain't happening.
      Cut the b.s.? So as fans we should now just accept that promoters wont make good fights - its b.s. to even ask to see that? I thinkthats a great fight

Comment

Schaefer always quick to sell out his fighters to Mayweather while they're still green. He knows how to shine a helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          People need to cut the bullshhhh...now Porter should fight Thurman? Really people...really...we all know that ain't happening. Funny though, Porter has beaten two better ranked and resumed fighters than Guerrero did to fight Floyd, He's beaten two better opponents than Ortiz did but he should go fight Thurman. We all know they ain't putting in Thurman with Porter. Why? Cause that's not how GBP does things...they'll save that fight for later on..what's the point in thurman or porter losing to each other? None at all. If you are a Thurman fan then yes it's a fight that'll perhaps finally get him over the star hump but again let's be real it ain't happening.
          Many reasons and don't even talk about better when Malignaggi was clearly past his prime and never had anything to offer in the ring. Alexander was a credible opponent but he didn't have the power, counter punching ability or inside game to deal with Porter. Porter is still building and beating Thurman would prove a lot more than his last two opponents.

Comment

@frankiebruno collazo gonna get in khans ass ..A parter vs mayweather fight might be a little too early but he's coming off 2 very impressive wins..After maidana who's he really gonna fight?.

Comment

I have no problem with a Porter vs Brook or Thurman fight at the end of the year. But if Floyd comes knocking he needs to answer the bell. Otherwise continue building Porter up. But Floyd only has 3 fights left and he needs a dance partner for September.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                I don't care about that fight at this point in time, the fight to make in my opinion is Porter-Thurman
                I understand the desire to wait, but Porter is already looking to potentially be the best welterweight option in September. I guess it depends on what Floyd will want to do, assuming he beats Maidana.

If they do wait, either Porter or Thurman is going to be a really good option come May next year.

Comment

Porter will (must) fight Kell Brook next. Thurman has a fight coming up soon. Maybe we'll see these two face off in 2015. Floyd would be better off facing Cotto (if he wins) or Khan (if he wins convincingly). Those two make money, unfortunately Porter is still unknown. Brook vs. Porter should be on Floyd's next PPV, to build up the fight. I would actually like to see Matthyssee step up to 147 and fight Thurman if they both win.

Comment

in lieu of a pacquiao fight, which is obviously the best option for the fans but one which mayweather will avoid til the bitter end, i think porter is as interesting a match up as any for Floyd. better than Maidana and Khan both. he looked vicious against paulie, and he might actually catch maywether with one of those lunging shots. he closes a lot of distance very quickly, and if he lands it could be pretty interesting...

Comment

From what I've seen on Saturday, Porter chiefly has a vicious legs movement -- which helps him to nullify his opponent's... The intricate way Porter cuts the ring it's something new in the style of U.S. black fighters (to date)...

Comment

Working...
                      X