Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    I don't think any of these guys can survive Hopkins.

Hopkins is too lethal.. That version of Hopkins was not even out of 1st gear and he kayoed Oscar with a body shot.

Prime Hopkins will clown Carlos Monzon and destroy him.

SRR will be a good fight, but Prime Hopkins is too lethal.
    Monzon **** no, but SRL, SRR and Hearns all beat B-Hop

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
      Monzon **** no, but SRL, SRR and Hearns all beat B-Hop
      I don't know if SRL or Hearns could beat Hopkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        What are those flaws you keep mentioning?

I can't think of any glaring ones except getting over-excited when he had an opponent hurt.
        Really? He gets too aggressive a lot of the times and leaves himself open. Especially when he throws hooks. Face is just there. But his fights weren't as boring as the pitty pat run ones some other boxers did.

People are so afraid to admit boxers from the past had flaws. Henry Armstrong who's one of my top 5 AT favorites fought like he was looking down or some shit.

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        the Fantastic fellow's point, as i perceive it, is that Oscar's streak was so stacked with fine opposition that Robinson would've had to have encountered a style or set of attributes along the way that would've gotten the better of him a particular night or two (perhaps an off-night in there). which is quite likely. it's even more likely, however, that he would've rematched his conqueror(s) or had a series with them and avenged his loss at least once if not multiple times. we cannot say the same of Oscar.

I'm man enough to admit you're kinda right on the bold. You probably thought it would of hurt my feelings but unfortunately it didn't.

Comment

I don't know if SRL or Hearns could beat Hopkins.
          SRL would beat Hopkins IMO, and a MW Hearns would be too much. Hopkins bum-rushing and spoiler tactics wouldn't work against those two

Comment

• probably robinson, leonard and duran

lol @ amir khan

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
              SRL would beat Hopkins IMO, and a MW Hearns would be too much. Hopkins bum-rushing and spoiler tactics wouldn't work against those two
              which version of Hopkins are you looking at?

The 97-01 Version was very explosive, was still pretty fast, had very good stamina, and rarely had to resort in excessively spoiling to achieve victory.

Hopkins is just so damn old, a lot of people think of Hopkins as this spoiler sort of fighter who like to slow things down and grind out victories. Hopkins was pretty exciting during his MW Prime and was not afraid of turning any fight into a brawl.

Prime Hopkins still had the athleticism he no longer have now, still had power and stamina, but had fixed the massive flaws he displayed against Jones in the early 90's.

I don't know if Leonard (being a natural WW) could have beaten Hopkins.

The Hagler Leonard fought would not have beaten the Hopkins of 97-Tito fight imo. The Hagler that Leonard fought was probably equal to the Hopkins Taylor fought.

Comment

The 97-01 Version was very explosive, was still pretty fast, had very good stamina, and rarely had to resort in excessively spoiling to achieve victory.

Hopkins is just so damn old, a lot of people think of Hopkins as this spoiler sort of fighter who like to slow things down and grind out victories. Hopkins was pretty exciting during his MW Prime and was not afraid of turning any fight into a brawl.

Prime Hopkins still had the athleticism he no longer have now, still had power and stamina, but had fixed the massive flaws he displayed against Jones in the early 90's.

The Hagler Leonard fought would not have beaten the Hopkins of 97-Tito fight imo. The Hagler that Leonard fought was probably equal to the Hopkins Taylor fought.
                I suppose that is a valid point,I'm so used to Hopkins being what he is now, a spoiler, because he's been it for so long. The 2001 Hopkins could certainly beat SRL, whether he would is just another one for the fantasy conversations

Comment

• maybe robinson & leonard, but that's about it

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mr. Fantastic;12977797]Maybe not but you accused me of being a nationalistic fan, which I'm not you neanderthal.
                    So because I don't agree with you I lack boxing knowledge. lol! People like you crack me up. If I really down talked about them I would be denying that they're ATGs. Tell me, where have I done that? So NOW he can't KO everyone? You just said he would a couple posts ago.

OK NOW YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO NAME CALLING..WHEN DID YOU DOWN TALK A LEGEND?..WHEN YOU SAID THAT LaMOTTA WAS A POOR MANS CHAVEZ. AND YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT SRR'S FLAWS?..I DONT SEE ANY FIGHTER ON DLH'S RESUME THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO CAPITALIZE ON ANY FLAW THAT HE HAD, AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE NO ONE IS PERFECT, BUT THERE IS NO ARGUMENT AS TO WHO THE GREATEST BOXER THAT EVER LIVED WAS. AND THATS SRR.

Comment

I like Hopkins, but lets face it, his biggest win at MW was againts a WW (Trinidad) . Hagler would beat Hopkins, he would straight break him down, these guys of the past were hungry, had amazing stamina, and did not take breaks like Bhop, they just put in work for all 12-15 rounds. People keep bringing up his physical advantages like his height, but he doesnt fight tall..so his size dont mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X