No announcement yet.

Floyd should fight Canelo in May for a unification bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    I just can't see Floyd fighting at 160lbs... I always thought over time he'd eventually fill out a bit more, but he hasn't as much as I thought, he's bulked up a little bit, but at 160lbs, he's just not going to have the type of power to worry anybody... Martinez isn't going to be worried about anything Floyd would throw at him.

Floyd could DEFINITELY have the potential to outbox Martinez, but only if Martinez just stands in the middle of the ring and attempts to box.
    I could see Floyd coming in at 155 and out boxing Martinez in a classic.if he pulls it off it def would enhance his legacy,thats the biggest fight he could make in terms of legacy right now

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Manny is about the same fighter he was in 2010, same as Floyd. The only difference has been Manny's competition last two times. It was Marquez and Bradley, not the human punching bag Clottey and Margarito.

The only people who won't give him credit for beating Manny coming off what should have been a UD over a Top 10 P4P and unbeaten fighter are people who just downplaying it now to not give him any credit, or people that don't want Floyd to fight him. That's the hard truth. It's still the biggest fight. People act like beating Bradley 8-4 is a bad thing. They are still two of the top 3 fighters in the world.
      dude..he lost,simple as that..Manny is coming off of a loss.its official Bradley outboxed Manny
      Last edited by Larry the boss; 08-29-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
        so he should go back to ww,jump to mw,then go back to 154???all after the age of 36???do you live in reality??

dude will be 36 in a few months..he said he will retire by 37..that gives him 2 fights tops...its over for 147...he should be focused on 1 more fight at 154 then booom 160 title..then retirement
        Just to let you know, Floyd is never fighting at 160, never. The only way Floyd-Sergio happens is at 154. And even if Floyd did do that schedule, he'll be weighing around 147-150 every fight. It's not like he's jumping up and down in weight like Roy Jones was.

The only people that don't want Mayweather-Pacquiao are the people who just discredit everything Floyd does anyway and always find a way to downplay a win of his, or the people who truly don't want Floyd to fight Manny for some reason. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Just to let you know, Floyd is never fighting at 160, never. The only way Floyd-Sergio happens is at 154. And even if Floyd did do that schedule, he'll be weighing around 147-150 every fight. It's not like he's jumping up and down in weight like Roy Jones was.

The only people that don't want Mayweather-Pacquiao are the people who just discredit everything Floyd does anyway and always find a way to downplay a win of his, or the people who truly don't want Floyd to fight Manny for some reason. That's all there is to it.
          Roger dressage with you,and ill take his work over yours

Comment

dude..he lost,simple as that..Manny is coming off of a loss.its official
            Yeah he lost like Abril lost to Rios. It wasn't a 11-1/10-2 domination, but it was no closer than 8-4. Manny won CLEARLY. The whole world knows it, which is why Mayweather-Pacquiao is still a huge fight.

Floyd has to fight Manny or Sergio before he's done. Others like Alvarez, if he beats Cotto, would be a big fight and a good win, but those 2 are legacy fights.

Comment

Regardless of my own feelings on GBP/Canelo situation, it would be great for Mayweather to fight Canelo right now, and then Martinez if he beats Chavez.

Comment

Roger dressage with you,and ill take his work over yours
                Roger also said Floyd could fight Maidana of all people....his word is not gospel.

I'm just saying Floyd is a smaller WW, a tiny SWW, imagine what he'd be at 160???

Floyd isn't fighting at 160, and I have my doubts that Floyd would ever fight Martinez. He doesn't have to fight him, Martinez is a damn MW.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Regardless of my own feelings on GBP/Canelo situation, it would be great for Mayweather to fight Canelo right now, and then Martinez if he beats Chavez.
                  Exactly..2 title fights against an undefeated younger champ...then a fight against the lineal mw champion

great way to end a career

plus the fight with Canelo would be for the ring belt since they are #1 and#2

so if he beats both he would be a 5 time lineal champion

Comment

I'd rather Pacquaio Martinez, then Canelo.

Then retire.

Comment

Why don't we really just give up the idea of Floyd fighting at 160 once and for all?

Comment

Working...
                      X