Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Long Distance Running Is Bad And How To Raise Your Testosterone Naturally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Long Distance Running Is Bad And How To Raise Your Testosterone Naturally

Long distance running is bad because it reduces the level of testosterone and HGH in the body. HGH and testosterone are responsible for fat loss, muscle growth and bone growth.

A solid cardio program can help you stay fit and even increase testosterone levels to a point, but once you start getting into long-distance running like marathon training (and also anywhere from 6 to 10 miles), for instance you may actually be decreasing your testosterone with your workouts. A study by the University of British Columbia found that male runners who pounded over 40 miles of pavement per week had distinctly lower T levels than their short-distance running counterparts. In contrast, short and intense exersize has shown to increase the production of HGH and testosterone.

Another fallacy that boxers and endurance athletes are taught to abide by is eating lots of carbodydrates for energy from the wrong sources. Most people assume that a huge bowl of pasta or wheat in the morning or at night is a must for any athlete. However, foods like pasta and wheat contain Gluten, which has also been shown to decrease the level of HGH and testosterone, this is because Gluten increases our blood sugar levels, which blocks the production of testosterone and HGH. There are alternatives to getting Carbohydrates without increasing insulin (blood sugar levels) such as rice that do not exhibit these undesirable effects.

Another way to raise testosterone and HGH is to do intermittent fasting, which is abstaining from food for 16-24 hours (including hours in which you sleep). The idea behind this is that when we break out fast (by eating breakfast) we inhibit the production of HGH which is produced when we sleep. When we sleep, we are fasting. Therefore, not eating for a long peroid of time will prolong the production of HGH in your body.

Combine all of these principles and you're just as juiced as you would be on steroids, good luck.
    Last edited by Adrien_Boner; 06-12-2014, 10:37 PM. Reason: typos

"There are alternatives to getting Carbohydrates without increasing insulin (blood sugar levels) such as rice that do not exhibit these undesirable effects."

Doesn't white rice cause an insulin splke?

Comment

But yea oats are good . They release energy slowly

Comment

Nope, because it's a complex carbohydrate - takes longer to break down. Insulin still raises because it is a carbohydrate dense food, but it will not "****e" insulin, it will rise gradually and at levels that don't inhibit levels of testosterone.

Comment

I remember reading healthy fats boosting testosterone.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien_Boner View Post
            Long distance running is bad because it reduces the level of testosterone and HGH in the body. HGH and testosterone are responsible for fat loss, muscle growth and bone growth.

A solid cardio program can help you stay fit and even increase testosterone levels to a point, but once you start getting into long-distance running like marathon training (and also anywhere from 6 to 10 miles), for instance you may actually be decreasing your testosterone with your workouts. A study by the University of British Columbia found that male runners who pounded over 40 miles of pavement per week had distinctly lower T levels than their short-distance running counterparts. In contrast, short and intense exersize has shown to increase the production of HGH and testosterone.

Another fallacy that boxers and endurance athletes are taught to abide by is eating lots of carbodydrates for energy from the wrong sources. Most people assume that a huge bowl of pasta or wheat in the morning or at night is a must for any athlete. However, foods like pasta and wheat contain Gluten, which has also been shown to decrease the level of HGH and testosterone, this is because Gluten increases our blood sugar levels, which blocks the production of testosterone and HGH. There are alternatives to getting Carbohydrates without increasing insulin (blood sugar levels) such as rice that do not exhibit these undesirable effects.

Another way to raise testosterone and HGH is to do intermittent fasting, which is abstaining from food for 16-24 hours (including hours in which you sleep). The idea behind this is that when we break out fast (by eating breakfast) we inhibit the production of HGH which is produced when we sleep. When we sleep, we are fasting. Therefore, not eating for a long peroid of time will prolong the production of HGH in your body.

Combine all of these principles and you're just as juiced as you would be on steroids, good luck.

If there is a drop in testosterone in male distance runners perhaps there needs to be further studies as to why.....and what the side effects therefore are.

I've been a distance runner for several years now and pound out nearly double the 40 miles you mention weekly and in all honesty I don't notice a perceivable drop in anything a person would associate with reduced testosterone levels. If anything I'm crabbier tempered and hornier than when I was doing weights and boxing/martial arts training! Ha ha.......

Obviously testosterone is also associated with muscle growth.....and naturally distance runners need to stay as lean as possible.

The average club level distance runner will annihilate most amateur boxers of a similar weight at all things running (sprints, hills, intervals, distance races). So if your the recommendation is to give up distance running, therefore boost testosterone levels......then where is the benefit?

Obviously a weight trained individual or someone who does HIIT will, at the same weight be probably stronger than his distance running counterpart.....but he won't have the endurance/cardio/aerobic development.

Professional boxers will do cardio training (running/cycling/swimming/rope skipping) to a much greater level than 40 miles a week running. Their training is geared to creating the perfect athlete. One with strength and endurance......heaven help their testosterone levels!!! Ha ha

Comment

Yea I'm surprised to hear long distance cardio contributes to lowering testosterone levels because it's been well proven exercise generally speaking boosts testosterone levels.

Interval training has proven to be better in maintaining muscle and burning fat

Comment

being overtrained will zap your nuts of all of that glorious test.

it sounds like these guys need a rest. i can't imagine running 40 miles a week for several weeks in a row. i probably don't even do that on a stationary bike.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  being overtrained will zap your nuts of all of that glorious test.

it sounds like these guys need a rest. i can't imagine running 40 miles a week for several weeks in a row. i probably don't even do that on a stationary bike.
                  overtraining is overstated , its difficult to reach the level where overtraining has considerable enough side effects.

running 40 miles a week - they are used to it. their body has adapted to it. whether they can do pullups, squats or any circuit or resistance training they dont do as often - we dont know.

Comment

I dont buy all this new age hooey. I think skill wise and conditioning wise fighters were better in the past.

Comment

Working...
                    X