No announcement yet.

We need another Ricky Hatton...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need another Ricky Hatton...

Man, we need another Ricky Hatton. They guy brought thousands of insanely supportive fans, I mean we will ever hear a crowd like the one at May v Hatton?

As I Brit, I miss having that one British fighter us fans not only enjoy watching, but connect with. Ricky Hatton felt like one of us, like a mate that drunk with us down the pub (although that hindered his boxing lol).

We have Khan, who I am not even going to bother talking about. Holy ****. Kell Brook is fighting bums. None of our other fighters, despite their talent, are 'decently huge'.

Carl Froch was a fighter I have always liked, but he has retired. If I am honest, I just want to experience the same buzz that Mayweather Hatton had. The good old days.

Sorry, there's only one Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Ricky Hatton was just supported by a bunch of Manchester City football thugs who disgraced themselves and their country by routinely booing national anthems. Those guys weren't boxing fans.

I remember when it was Floyd-Hatton, i nearly got punched in my local for laughing at a guy who claimed Hatton was going to KO Floyd with the first punch he landed.

Comment

Hatton did bring some big nights but lets be honest here the vast majority of his career was a disappointment and he got the big fights he did on name value more than merit.

The guy did have talent and could have carved out a really good career but looking back on his career now we remember his popularity moreso than his achievments

The sad thing with Hatton was that he actually started believing his own hype, sky marketed him as something he wasn't (although the well schooled knew better from the start)

and the thing was he went into those floyd and pac fights beliving he really was an atg level boxer and the beatings he took just shattered his ego beyond belief to the point the guy still has depression now.

Debacle, is the word.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          Ricky Hatton was just supported by a bunch of Manchester City football thugs who disgraced themselves and their country by routinely booing national anthems. Those guys weren't boxing fans.

I remember when it was Floyd-Hatton, i nearly got punched in my local for laughing at a guy who claimed Hatton was going to KO Floyd with the first punch he landed.
          That is generalizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
            Hatton did bring some big nights but lets be honest here the vast majority of his career was a disappointment and he got the big fights he did on name value more than merit.

The guy did have talent and could have carved out a really good career but looking back on his career now we remember his popularity moreso than his achievments

The sad thing with Hatton was that he actually started believing his own hype, sky marketed him as something he wasn't (although the well schooled knew better from the start)

and the thing was he went into those floyd and pac fights beliving he really was an atg level boxer and the beatings he took just shattered his ego beyond belief to the point the guy still has depression now.

Debacle, is the word.
            Yeah ofc. He wasn't the most successful fighter, especially when he took a step up (May & Pac). But, I am just talking about having a fighter who can bring the hype, excitement and fan connection that Hatton brought. Accomplishments aside.

Comment

I used to like Hatton. He turned up & was sold as the people's champ. There were too many rumours of him & his old man buying up the tickets then ripping the fans off.
              People's champ don't pull **** like that.
              It was his alcoholism that endeared him to the fans. The thought that he'd have a drink with his fans, truth was he just wanted a drink. He looks a state last I saw. Picture of him & Gazza. Gazza looked in better shape than Hatton, says it all

Comment

How does booing a national anthem make you a "thug"? I'm not saying I would do it and its a bit disrespectful but I've never understood the big hullabaloo about it. I thought it was only Yanks that took that so seriously.

I don't remember there being many reports of any trouble with Hatton fans.

Comment

We already got him in Anthony Joshua...both fake, both overhyped...we would see if Joshua is overrated like Hatton in the next few years.

Comment

That's exactly what happen to me, till today i laugh at my local when he got KO via the ringpost.

Comment

Working...
                    X