Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most one-sided defeats suffered by Greats (prime or near prime only)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schmeling-Louis

Comment

Tyson-Douglas was pretty one sided, and a fighter only needs to beat the referee's count, not some exact-to-the-microsecond count that no-one is counting out loud to him anyway.

Tyson-Spinks was another one-sided affair.

Comment

pacquiao-barrera I

Comment

Winky Wright and Vernon Forest over Shane Mosley first fights
          Last edited by jayjames616; 06-09-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Man, not for nothing, Serg is my boy and all, but he's not "a great." Great fighter does not equal "great" as in ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Man, not for nothing, Serg is my boy and all, but he's not "a great." Great fighter does not equal "great" as in ATG.
              Am I missing something here? I haven't seen anybody list that fight in this thread.

I agree though, if we're talking about ATGs then Sergio, nor Cotto for that matter, are ATGs. And LOL @ Douglas, Sanders and Hatton being listed. The OP listed Douglas-Tyson as a one sided affair between two 'greats' so I'm not really sure what's the purpose of this thread.
              Last edited by _original_; 06-09-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Liston-Patterson
                Ali-Liston
                Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez
                Pernell Whitaker-Julio Cesar Chavez (discounting the decision)

Comment

and I've never seen this fight but I hear the second fight between Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake Lamotta was pretty lopsided. SRR probably hadn't quite entered his prime yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Renal Colic View Post
                    Tyson-Douglas was pretty one sided, and a fighter only needs to beat the referee's count, not some exact-to-the-microsecond count that no-one is counting out loud to him anyway.
                    yeah, Douglas seemed aware, lucid, and was listening to the count, and got up when he needed to. Doesn't mean he would not have gotten up if the count was faster.

Now if the KD had occurred a minute earlier, it may have been different, given Tyson's finishing skills.

But Douglas otherwise dominated the fight, Tyson won 1 other round, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                      Douglas was knocked out. He was clearly down for 10 seconds. The referee robbed Tyson's victory.

never really timed it.......seems douglas should have been counted out.

WTF

Comment

Working...
                      X