No announcement yet.

Does Barker redeem himself in England?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    nope. the guy has no chin. did you see martinez knock him out with a lil tap? geale has no power so he was lucky and still almost got stopped. sturm doesn't have power either and he was being destroyed.
    Not true.

He just usually has that typical German hands held high plodding style; exploding with combinations towards the end of rounds.

He hurts almost everyone he fights from what I have seen from his career. I liked Barker but I always knew it was a possibility he could get stopped tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Not true.

He just usually has that typical German hands held high plodding style; exploding with combinations towards the end of rounds.

He hurts almost everyone he fights from what I have seen from his career. I liked Barker but I always knew it was a possibility he could get stopped tonight.
      What's this about Barkers hip and a million euros?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Not true.

come on dude he doesn't have power. power is golovking or kovalev not buzzing your opponent slightly.

Comment

Barker's left hip is dislocated, I hope he can come back.

Comment

Its not about him improving, its about him fighting a different fight and boxing instead of brawling. If he recovers in time for a rematch I give him a chance in London.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              What's this about Barkers hip and a million euros?
              Apparently he got paid a million Euros for this fight.

Which is awesome for Barker who for much of his career looked like being strictly domestic/European level.

I don't know about his hip tbh. It looked like Sturm was lighting him up and would definitely have stopped him at some point.

I am gutted though.

Darren needed to use his legs which he didn't at all. I doubt he went in the ring with a dislocated hip.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Barker's left hip is dislocated, I hope he can come back.
                that sucks... heard it's a recurring problem

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                Its not about him improving, its about him fighting a different fight and boxing instead of brawling. If he recovers in time for a rematch I give him a chance in London.
                I guess improve his tactics then.
                But I doubt he can recover in time for next year with a dislocated hip...well at least for the first half of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  A min in, you could tell Sturm was going to win
                  Exactly.

Sturm just looked dominant and extremely sharp right off that bat.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Barker dislocated his hip?
                    Here comes the voluntary defenses
                    He might have it dislocated -- but after a very hard punch at the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      A min in, you could tell Sturm was going to win
                      I thought he looked good... but at the same Time I was thinking Barker would take over in the second half and sturm would fade..... I was wrong as shit

Comment

Working...
                      X