Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch is gonna be a HUGE UK name now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as big as Khan, Froch is soooo jealous of him haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
      Bet there was tons of comps too. Froch/Kessler was a legit sellout in 3 hours. Khan doesn't even have the following to sell out an event a week before his fight.
      Kessler vs Froch is a better fight on paper, given the backstory and the level of both boxers.

Fact is Khans last fight in the UK sold out, and that was against a unknown guy with no real build up and in Kell Brooks back yard of all places.

You need to stop being such a fanboy, Khan could alone sell out a entire arena with British Asians who make up couple of million of the UK population. 20 k plus is nothing to him.

Lets not get it twisted here fella, he's big draw as Froch is over here.

Only 3 active fighters can sell out arenas up and down the country Haye, Froch and Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
        Not as big as Khan, Froch is soooo jealous of him haha.
        Tell me how Khan is bigger? Khan hasn't even beaten better competition than Froch too.

Comment

He'll never reach Hatton levels of popularity.

I think the fact he fought on Sky for most of his career has hurt him, Khan is probably more well known due to the olympics + itv deal.

He's earned a lot of fans though, and will be able to sell out any building in the UK after that win.

Comment

I doubt there will ever be a boxer from anywhere with as big a fan base as Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Kessler vs Froch is a better fight on paper, given the backstory and the level of both boxers.

Fact is Khans last fight in the UK sold out, and that was against a unknown guy with no real build up and in Kell Brooks back yard of all places.

You need to stop being such a fanboy, Khan could alone sell out a entire arena with British Asians who make up couple of million of the UK population. 20 k plus is nothing to him.

Lets not get it twisted here fella, he's big draw as Froch is over here.

Only 3 active fighters can sell out arenas up and down the country Haye, Froch and Khan
              Not even being a fanboy. I admit that Hatton is bigger than Froch in all time popularity but it could change.

Thing with Khan is along with Haye he was the reason that PPV boxing was stopped in the UK because of Khan (Low buyrates) and Haye (**** fights) they must have belived in Froch to bring it back.

Anyway lets see when the numbers get released for Froch/Kessler 2 and after how much talk I saw I think it did around 350-500K something which Khan hasn't come close too (His record buyrate was against Maidana at around 250K)

Just stating facts man. I don't even have a problem with Khan he has some good wars.

Comment

Tell me how Khan is bigger? Khan hasn't even beaten better competition than Froch too.
                but Khan can fill up stadium better than Froch?

Comment

Originally posted by Hanton11 View Post
                  He'll never reach Hatton levels of popularity.
                  If he beat Ward in the UK at a 50K+ arena I would think differently. This is all fantasy talk but again you did say "never" and I say "never say never"

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                    but Khan can fill up stadium better than Froch?
                    Khan has never fought in a stadium? The only time he would fill out a stadium is if he did the Mayweather fight but that will be more for the sight of seeing Floyd fight in UK rather than Khan.

Froch/Ward in a stadium would do 50K+ Froch/Kessler got better attendance than any Khan fight with 20K+

Comment

Not even being a fanboy. I admit that Hatton is bigger than Froch in all time popularity but it could change.

Thing with Khan is along with Haye he was the reason that PPV boxing was stopped in the UK because of Khan (Low buyrates) and Haye (**** fights) they must have belived in Froch to bring it back.

Anyway lets see when the numbers get released for Froch/Kessler 2 and after how much talk I saw I think it did around 350-500K something which Khan hasn't come close too (His record buyrate was against Maidana at around 250K)

Just stating facts man. I don't even have a problem with Khan he has some good wars.
                      Khan against Maidana was in the US and Maidana wasn't known over here, that has a big bearing.

Also Kessler is a bigger draw than Maidana, most of us UK folk know him thanks to Joe Calzaghe and then the first war with Froch

Kell Brook Vs Khan would most likely blow Kessler vs Froch out of the water, that's the only real comparison i could make.

The pay per views only work if the competition is believable

Comment

Working...
                      X