Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the hopkins that beat trinidad have defeated chad dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard to say. styles make fights and hopkins would always struggle with dawsons style not to mention the fact that hes a bigger man than BHop. i would favor hopkins on points but it would be a very competetive fight.

Comment

hard to say...dawson was more up for hopkins than any other fighter imo...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        That catchweight was for Oscar I thought. Was there one for Trinidad, too?

I think even that middleweight Hopkins would have beat Dawson.

hopkins was 156 for oscar, which was lower than contracted if memory serves right. that was a catchweight, i'm almost 100% certain. i'd need to hit up the google to verify either case. hopkins was lower than 160, though, according to the boxrec.

at any rate, hopkins would be giving up a ton of size to dawson at that stage in his career, who has been known to put on 10 + lbs overnight for a LHW fight.

it would be a boring fight, and i can see hopkins getting extra dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          hopkins was 156 for oscar, which was lower than contracted if memory serves right. that was a catchweight, i'm almost 100% certain. i'd need to hit up the google to verify either case. hopkins was lower than 160, though, according to the boxrec.

at any rate, hopkins would be giving up a ton of size to dawson at that stage in his career, who has been known to put on 10 + lbs overnight for a LHW fight.

it would be a boring fight, and i can see hopkins getting extra dirty.
          CW was 157, BHop came in at 156. you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            That catchweight was for Oscar I thought. Was there one for Trinidad, too?

I think even that middleweight Hopkins would have beat Dawson.
            No he just came in really light for the fight for speed at least that's what Larry merchant said while he was commentating

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
              Wasn't the question..just sayin.
              yet anyone who actually read the first post could see what I was getting at. asking if the middleweight that beat a welterweight would of been able to beat a light heavyweight seems a bit idiotic, especially when Chad and Tito had completely different fighting styles and more importantly, mentalities.

I just don't see the relevance of the Tito fight in regards to how well Hopkins would of done against a prime Dawson.

Comment

Working...
              X