Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Jacobs has a chance to beat GGG or will he be another mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a chance. But I expect Golovkin to come in disciplined(esspecially first round where he is always disciplined) and to just wreck Jacobs in the process of outboxing him. 3 rounds I give it.

I also don't think of Jacobs as very athletic, like Khan he has some speed, but his punching technique, his headmovement, alot of things aren't fluid enough for me to consider him athletic, not in my book, athletic to me is great balance and proper mechanics, Golovkin may be slower, but I see him as more athletic(just look for his left cross from the southpaw position, even that carries great form).

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      kevin howard dropped Ray Leonard....Hearns, Hagler, Duran others didn't

its not about the reputation or the kayo ratio...its about the timing, placement and accuracy of the punch

but I feel you, I get that feeling whoever makes the first mistake, its lights out
      very true. conn damn near beat up joe. just saying i dont think djs chin is as solid as srl and 1 mistake will be all 3g needs.

the flipside is 3g better not let dj get off free shots either. judges need not show up for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        The problem with "hyped killers" as you guys say, is that until they look realllllllly mortal or get beat, any fight involving them will be labeled a mismatch. The haters will call any Golovkin fight a mismatch unless he's draining himself heavily or fighting a much bigger guy. Reading into it is pointless.

In reality, Jacobs has a good chance, similar to Lemieux. Lemieux is more durable and powerful, while Danny is quicker, more athletic and skilled.
        that's not necessarily true

Matthyssee was hyped up but anyone with a brain knew Judah, Garcia, and Alexander wouldn't be mismatches

I understand the generalization

but if its two "hyped monsters" or "two accomplished vets" cries of mismatch die

Sadly many of GGG's fights have been perceived mismatches because A) He fights guys many fans even hard core fans never heard of like Wade B) he is experiencing trouble making big fights because of his team and his prospective opponents teams cant find middle ground so he is left just looking for someone to fight instead of quality C) the last legit 160 he fought was Lemieux. Out of his last 4 opponents, only one was recognized as a top ten middleweight, therefore he has a high % of mismatches.

Comment

well I don't based my opinion on "public opinion"

I couldn't care less what other people predict...we've all be wrong at one time or another

IMO he has a better shot vs canelo, who isn't overly aggressive and fights in spurts and bursts.

Jacobs could simply outpoint him if he remained disciplined

uhmmmmm, then why start a thread asking people to predict Jacobs chances??

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            He has a chance. But I expect Golovkin to come in disciplined(esspecially first round where he is always disciplined) and to just wreck Jacobs in the process of outboxing him. 3 rounds I give it.

I also don't think of Jacobs as very athletic, like Khan he has some speed, but his punching technique, his headmovement, alot of things aren't fluid enough for me to consider him athletic, not in my book, athletic to me is great balance and proper mechanics, Golovkin may be slower, but I see him as more athletic(just look for his left cross from the southpaw position, even that carries great form).
            GGG definitely wont fight the fight he did against brooks, I hope now it will be lights out!!! good post. Jacobs fought mora very emotional he cant afford to do that vs ggg!

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              uhmmmmm, then why start a thread asking people to predict Jacobs chances??
              ...let me clarify.....1)I don't base my opinion of fighters or if fights are mismatches based off the opinion of other people, or publicly accepted opinion

Its nice to know everyone's opinion...I just don't take anyone's opinion whether it be my own mother, a preacher or the POPE as gospel. I do my own research and form my own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Truth hurts so run with your tail
                LOL

it is not that, it is that he posts the same thing everyday.
                I got fed up of loosing my time reading the same thing.
                Are you his alt?

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                  very true. conn damn near beat up joe. just saying i dont think djs chin is as solid as srl and 1 mistake will be all 3g needs.

the flipside is 3g better not let dj get off free shots either. judges need not show up for this one.
                  of course his chin isn't as solid as Leonard but fighters get dropped by lesser fighters or perceived non punchers quite often

some people read into get knockdown....I look at it from a different perspective....do they get up, and what do they do about it

Guys like Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Patterson, Diego Corrales, could be hurt, dropped or stunned, but mentally they didn't pack it in.

I don't think I've seen Jacobs pack it in.....pirog just blitzed him, couldn't recover..it happens

What is GGG gonna do when he fights someone that matches his punch for punch and can either evade or take his best shots.

we know Jacobs can be hurt and get up but also, outside of Lemieux who was top ten and Stevens who was also but never really beat a world ranked middleweight, who has GGG faced that was in the top ten that had legit power?

We don't know how he'll react when he gets hurt, dropped, etc.

there is a lot about GGG that is unknown

Comment

Based on the eye test, he has skills that could trouble GGG

the only question is how will his chin hold up or how tight he will be on defense

He is probably the most athletic middleweight since jermain taylor's era

He can get a little over aggressive but GGG will be coming to him

Definitely favor GGG, possibly by stoppage but with Jacobs speed and explosiveness he could clip GGG before danger.

how do you guys see it
                    GGG has a granite chin until he gets put on queer street. If anyone at MW can do it , its Danny.

Something often overlooked: GG is not some hit-n-not-get-hit type pf fighter. He is going toe to toe and that puts him at just as much risk as Danny. Take enough hits to the chin, eventually it will crack.

I like Golden Childs chances but if GG wins it will be very impressive. It was damn impressive when Pirog did it, if GG can do it too then i give him the same credit.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Jacobs has no advantages besides speed and height, which won't matter since he's a puncher. Golovkin has the power, chin, and skill advantage.

Jacobs may be able to stop him, but it's really hard to make the case that he stops Golovkin before vice versa. I think GGG wins and pretty easily.
                      I pretty much agree with everything here. Jacobs will probably have brief success but when the bombs come back at him I don't see him surviving.

Comment

Working...
                      X