Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is useless and should retire.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, Floyd ****ed up

Comment

Mayweather is the best fighter in the world and EVERYONE talks about him. Why would he retire? He has titles to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS
        He schooled prime Mosley.
        LMFAO..............

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Floyd is the biggest waste of talent ever. I mean he was my favorite boxer back in the day, I couldn't wait to see him against the best in the world but he kept retiring, making up excuses, ducking and jiving all the best fights.

His time is gone and he knows it. Fighting Canelo or Trout are the last things he wants. Canelo straight KO's him and Trout boxes him up like a Christmas present. He'll never dream of fighting Martinez or Pac either.

At this juncture, Floyd can try and hold money over opponents' heads but they are starting to realize that Floyd needs them more than they need him. Floyd isn't held in a high regard like he was in past years and if Floyd offers you a fight, it's because you fit into Floyd's agenda and are a better alternative than others. Floyd's agenda is ultimately what is most important to him, not money. Floyd throws money away like no one's business.
          Gotta say I agree. Look at guerrero. The rumor is hes holding out for more money. Hes probably like "You wont fight manny, martinez etc. Marquez is looking for other options, canelos too soon so its either me or a stinker with alexander."

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Regardless of whether SSM, or Cotto went out of their way to make the fight with Floyd, Floyd not fighting the top names in his era even if they are weak wont help Floyds legacy. The fact is they didnt happen and if you cant even boast of having fought the best of your era even if they are weak its not good for Floyd.
            He has got past prime SSM and Cotto so theres no excuses really. He should have fought them when the iron was hot. SSM and Cotto fought each other anyway and SSM fought prime DLH as well.
            So Floyd dont have problems with facing past prime fighters.
            you seem prediposed to thinking a certain way regardless of what actually happened, sir. Mosley in his prime wasn't interested in Floyd. Cotto in 2008 was busy doing what "the company" told him. let's not be ignorant now.

SSM moved up in weight, away from Mayweather and in search of more lucrative nights with the like of Oscar De La Hoya, yes. that observation somewhat defeats your claim that Mayweather had the chance to fight Shane.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
              Its pretty pathetic to constantly get on a computer and put so much time and effort talking about some one you dont like. I don't talk anout people i dont like. Do you not have anything positive in your life going on? You must not, because that would obviously be worth discussing rather then bashing some one that pays you no mind.
              you are very much mistaken, friend. Earl is learning how to work out, after twenty-something years on this planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                Mosley's tooth was loose.

Mosley stepping aside for DLH.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                  My problem is disillusionment with him. Dudes skills are beautiful and for a little bit it looked like we were seeing another ray leonard legend in the making and than almost like getting hit with a brick wall his career became one of the path of least resistance. He became a "just enough guy". I wont say he useless but hes not the fighter I thought he was.
                  Eureka!!! Precisely this. Thought I was the only one thought this way.

Comment

Floyd KTFO the best England had to offer.
                    He took the best Mexico had to offer to school and toyed with him like a novice.
                    Beat the best Puerto Rico has to offer.
                    plus pacstans.

No wonder Floyd is so beloved

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                      Gotta say I agree. Look at guerrero. The rumor is hes holding out for more money. Hes probably like "You wont fight manny, martinez etc. Marquez is looking for other options, canelos too soon so its either me or a stinker with alexander."
                      Sure, why not? Floyd is gonna make tons more than his opponent will in any given fight so the difference between 40 million and 38 million is negligible in the scheme of things (assuming Floyd gets 40 mill to Guerrero's 2.5 mill).

The real issue is that Floyd wants to keep that 0 and I think the Cotto fight made Floyd realize that he has slipped to the point where a few of the guys out there on the come up are more than capable of taking that 0 away.

I can't see Floyd fighting more than one more time and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't just retire flat out except for the fact that he likes to spend money. He needs another payday to be comfortable and then he likely intends to live off the revenues from his promotional company.

Floyd is like this once great star who still thinks he is what he was in years past but he is deluded and living in the past. The times are changing and he is in the twilight of his career. The theatrics he is doing now only shows his desperation.

Comment

Working...
                      X